silly psych wards

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the childish games they like to play and ask us when we are there was lets hold hands and answer baby questions..ready here we go....whats your favorite time of day......response----(from a guy admitted there for trying to die via a*&*&* posioning) NO time of day, thats why Im in here hahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one chief I concur

anonmn

I don't think the psych wards do anything. I think they just take you away from the horror of your own life for awhile until the pain it brings starts to fade, like a really awful vacation they don't let you go home from.

Either the pain fades or you just get sick of it and tell them what they want to hear.

Ardo85

I don't think the psych wards do anything. I think they just take you away from the horror of your own life for awhile until the pain it brings starts to fade, like a really awful vacation they don't let you go home from.

Either the pain fades or you just get sick of it and tell them what they want to hear.
I agree with you there. It is more like a prison than anything. Not helpful at all, and I basically had to lie my way out of it. From that point forward I basically just kept my suicidal feelings to myself. As long as I'm not talking about it I'm perfectly fine in the eyes of others, but no one knows what is really going on in my mind. If I shared that I'd be locked up again.

So, not only is the psych ward not helpful, its detrimental.

GoldenPsych

I think it depends on the person and the illness. Having worked on psych wards I have seen people come through who need to be there and they have come in psychotic and gone home a few weeks later back to normal. I have seen people with bad depression and self harm come through and with the extra support have learnt new coping skills and because of the support have come through the other side of it. But I have seen people go in and it make things worse. It's a letting go thing. There is no need to hold it together anymore as things can not get any worse. They self harm more as they don't need to control it, they ligate and attempt more as the people around them already know so what is holding them back now?

I know if I had to go in I would be one of the ones who lost control and would make things worse. But, I know that it is good for some people.

x

Stormrider

for me those shrinks, pills and whatever won't help, i'll stay here in this damned world in my own way.
For other people if it helps then it's great, all depends on the person i guess.

anonmn

I think it depends on the person and the illness. Having worked on psych wards I have seen people come through who need to be there and they have come in psychotic and gone home a few weeks later back to normal. I have seen people with bad depression and self harm come through and with the extra support have learnt new coping skills and because of the support have come through the other side of it. But I have seen people go in and it make things worse. It's a letting go thing. There is no need to hold it together anymore as things can not get any worse. They self harm more as they don't need to control it, they ligate and attempt more as the people around them already know so what is holding them back now?

I know if I had to go in I would be one of the ones who lost control and would make things worse. But, I know that it is good for some people.

x
Really? I'm not a doctor, but I didn't think psychosis was something that just went away, unless it was only present because of drugs in the system. It can be treated with medication. But it is a brain problem, not an emotional one that can be talked through.

All of us here have some form of depressive disorder, but at least that can be mitigated by learning about your thought patterns and how they affect the way you feel. You can't tell a psychotic person what is real and what isn't, because that part of the brain isn't working properly.

But on the original topic, no one I've reconnected with "on the outside" was doing any better. Oftentimes worse.

GoldenPsych

Psychotic is a state that can be managed. I am of the belief that hospital wont work for depressive disorders but it does for some people. Yes, some people may come out worse but for some they do get better or the illness can be managed so the person can function again. I wouldn't do the job I do if that was not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00