silly question

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by eih, Nov 7, 2006.

1. eih

eih Well-Known Member

:laugh: :biggrin: how long should a hug last? I've been doin better lately.... yet hugging is like totally alien to me:laugh: how long should it last before I start to scare someone?
  2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

who knows. its relative. ask the hugee if it was too long. don't worry so much, its not that big of an issue, esp, in different cultures.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It should last forever and ever and ever and ever. :rolleyes: :tongue: Dunno depends on the person, and how well you know them, and how comfy they are with hugs, you should be able to tell be the facial exressions/reactions and body laungage afterwards.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Edit/note: which watching and understanding is hard sometimes with people like us because we kinda dissociate and turn you have to really try and pay attention.
  4. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Oh, I love to hug. And I think my friends know it.

About three years ago, I was aying goodbye to a friend who was pregnant and before I'd gotten my arms around her, she said, "Don't squeeze me too hard!" My reputation traveled.

If people are scared of long hugs... OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!! (or hug them a bit quicker.)

Anyway... that's what I think.
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

Heheheh, I am really huggy most of the time too, I agree, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! :tongue: :rofl: :bleh:

6. eih

eih Well-Known Member

lol :tongue: I seem to overthink just about everything.. I mean come on I'm actually planning a hug :-o ... oh well. He's semi hugged me before... I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm just paranoid I'll do sumthing stupid:rolleyes:
  7. eih

eih Well-Known Member

what the hell!!this isnt positive so whatever I dont care... I fucked up my attempt at hugging today.. my god is that even possible.. I shouldnt even live .. its like a basic human thing to do and I cant even go through with a decent hug ..............
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Hugging is a basic human thing to do? Well I've never got the hang, I feel uncomfortable being touched by people so I generally keep my distance. Only once in the last 20 years have I hugged someone, I got a bit drunk and gave them a big hug, it just went on far too long and everybody thought I was odd and then I just basically started crying, 'cos it's nice but it's not who I am... as I said, I generally don't like people touching me.

What is really bizarre is when you go to a club, meet someone nice and when you leave they go to give you a really big hug. I just shake their hands and thank them for a pleasant evening. They then usually ask if you're alright to which my answer is along the lines of 'not really'. Ah such things keep me amused though, it would be boring if I was in any sense normal. It's could be just cos I'm a bloke and that's the way blokes are though, dunno really.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Oh one thing I forgot to mention in my last post, when I was talking about hugging and I said it was all horribly embarrassing, I didn't mention that the only person who didn't feel uncomfortable was the person being hugged. You see, some people can be very understanding - even my mate was and he was going out with her at the time.

Sorry, I know I'm probably talking drivel, I wish I was able to give some really good advice about relationships, but unfortunately I can't. I've only been in one, it lasted 6 weeks and I didn't even know about it until we split up. Life can be strange, and yet somehow people do understand.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2006
  10. eih

eih Well-Known Member

thanks.. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thats horrid at hugging.. I'm just really not looking forward to our next confrontation... he didnt hug me back so I'm a bit scared.. and it was increadably awkward...
  11. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

I've just hugged someone I never hugged before.

I have a new roommate (2 months now) who has a nice girlfriend who stays over sometimes. It looked like they were breaking up tonight. She stayed behind to talk to me for a bit and tell me that she wasn't going to be around. I gave her a hug and she hugged me back. We never did that before. I think she needed it and I wanted to do it.

I'm glad I did. For once, I did the right thing and I'm not ashamed.

12. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

thats great =)
  13. eih

eih Well-Known Member

:biggrin: one of my fav ppl gave me a good long hug today .. it felt really nice..

... ermm anyway I got to tell you all

I can't come here anymore.. my therapist says its not a good to go to a suicide site... :sad: I'm sorry.. but my parents are tracking my internet goings on alot lately

so seeya all around, thanks:tongue:
  14. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This is a pro-life suicide forum though .... surely that's a plus??
  15. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I second Abacus. We're pro-life here, that must be a good thing...
  16. ~CazzaAngel~

Take care of yourself sweetheart. :hug:'ll be missed

With all my love,
  17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

as long as possible! :hug: :arms: