since i was last here...

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by emily83, Sep 15, 2016.

1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

wow this forum has changed so much.

i barely recognize it

anyone remember me?
  2. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Sorry, I'm only a newbie as of a month or so, but wanted to say hello :)
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome back Emily.
  4. emily83

thanks frances,

welcome!. how are you finding the forum so far?
    it's a supportive place. I think you'll like it here
  5. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I love it here :) I found this place trying to search for a forum where people wouldn't be too negative and judgmental. I'd been to others and the responses or lack thereof, just made me feel worse. I'm here every day as a type of self-therapy and it's great.
  6. emily83

hey that's great, frances!. well if it works...:)

I can understand lack of responses. i was also on a site once with lack of response (I actually still go thei,) but with barely anyone to talk to in real life, I need all i can get- lack of response or lots of responses, it's something

I don't care if i post a thread and get no replies. the way i see it is, well, I don't have anyone, i've put it out their on the site- now if people want to respond, they can. If not, then okay
  7. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I like responses though :) I have nobody to talk to in my life when things get too much for me, so I need that human interaction, even if it's just cyber interaction, it's something. I'm not social whatsoever but feel very comfy on this forum. I'll never be the type who needs friendships, but I'm okay with that, coming here fills a certain void for me. It helps me to let things out and try to help others with my experience as well, that way it helps me to think about things and realize that I can get through the harsh times, it helps me to live my "real" life more effectively.