Single and depressed

sadhart

SF Supporter
Okay, I didn't know where to put this topic, but I'm depressed about being single. I try to tell myself that it's not one of the reasons I feel like shit, but it is. I see other people and they have someone that accepts them and I don't know what that feels like and I don't think that I ever will. I hate myself for admitting that I'm jealous of others in relationships. It's hard for me to connect with others much less someone special. And I struggle with getting over past rejections and heartaches. I just feel hopeless. Sorry for rambling like this.

StillSurviving

I feel the same.

I lost my partner and daughter many years ago and when I see other families happy, it makes me remember what I had.

I'd love to have another relationship, i'm just not good at trusting and I have a fear of meeting someone and losing them too - not that I would meet anyone as I don't feel I am good enough.

Hope you are feeling a little more upbeat now sadhart.

Sad at the beach

Maybe one of these days I will be good enough.
I feel the same way. I have been single and alone since 2001. Men never ask me out, I have paid for dating sites, and never even got a reply from men on there. It's sad when you aren't even good enough for men who are also desperate for a date. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to live the rest of life alone. I would rather give up the ship, than to be here alone ten years from now.

I understand how you feel. I have always been very insecure and introverted, and I never had confidence to date or socialize at all in high school. And the past ten years since nothing has changed, I have been in a few long term relationships but they weren't loving relationships. And it seems like anyone I meet lies to me and puts me down, so I don't want to date anymore, yet I want to find someone special. Baah. And I have been recovering from an ED and feeling so incredibly down, it really shouldn't be a priority. But it can be so lonely :(
And its frustrating to always hear "think positive, love yourself!" It feels so impossible to do either of those.

moxman

The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat
SF Supporter
Okay, I didn't know where to put this topic, but I'm depressed about being single. I try to tell myself that it's not one of the reasons I feel like shit, but it is. I see other people and they have someone that accepts them and I don't know what that feels like and I don't think that I ever will. I hate myself for admitting that I'm jealous of others in relationships. It's hard for me to connect with others much less someone special. And I struggle with getting over past rejections and heartaches. I just feel hopeless. Sorry for rambling like this.
I am glad you mentioned this. I feel the same way. I jumped into a marriage with someone who was mentally ill because I did not want to be alone anymore.

I have a lot of mental/physical health issues , I don't think I will ever date again. It scares me that at 43 , I may be alone for the rest of my life. That is a big part of why I am here. I am very unhappy with a lot of different aspects of my life I don't know how to fix them.

sadhart

SF Supporter
I am glad you mentioned this. I feel the same way. I jumped into a marriage with someone who was mentally ill because I did not want to be alone anymore.

I have a lot of mental/physical health issues , I don't think I will ever date again. It scares me that at 43 , I may be alone for the rest of my life. That is a big part of why I am here. I am very unhappy with a lot of different aspects of my life I don't know how to fix them.
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling alone as well. It's frustrating when you want to do something to better your life, but you don't really know how. I have people in my life that makes it sound so easy to overcome things and maybe it is...for them. I have over two years of sobriety from alcohol, but if someone were to come up to me and say that they have a hard time just staying sober for two hours. I wouldn't call them weak and say some crap like "it's easy, just do it!' Sorry for going on a rant like that. for what it's worth, I don't think it's too late for you to find someone though.

sadhart

SF Supporter
I'm sorry for those who replied to me and can relate to the loneliness because you feel the same way. I want to believe that it's not hopeless for people like us, so I hope you will hang on just a little longer that things can change for us. Sorry if that sounds kind of cheesy.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00