sinking ship

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cloud9, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I feel like my home is a sinking ship. Maybe I need to take over, but its not a responsibility I want.

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

If it's not a responsiblity you don't want then why do you need to take over?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The only responsibility you have is to yourself and to your children if you have some hun h ugs

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure I am following..

5. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Parents. Their health is going to shit. I can't help but feel responsible for them. I wish they took better care of themselves.

They took care of me. Don't I owe them that?

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi cloud9, I'm worried about you, please do not fret now as you are important. I understand the responsibility is hard but you need to remain calm. Keep posting here for care you deserve.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Cloud, do what you feel is right and only as much as you can emotionally/physically! I do understand the guilt....all too well :( Help them if you are in a state of mind that you can. Good luck to you.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What's done is done, do the best you can. If you have free time and mentally can help handle some of the issues, go for it. Remember you're not Atlas taking the world on your shoulders. Look into assistance available if it applies to your parents situation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.