Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Inanis, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inanis

Inanis New Member

If every breath brought only pain,

Every meal brought only bile

And endless nights brought only fright

Tell me then

Would you be alive?

Tell me then

If sin you state

Is it truly murder,

My death to claim?

So death, old friend

Our only reprieve

Come pluck from your garden

This lonely small weed

I very much dislike it when people consider suicide to be selfish. As if, that person is not thinking of the pain of those around them when they pass, when, in reality, the guilt must have consumed them in life. When they must have kept going on, for the sake of those around them, while suffering, and that is somehow what is expected of you. Suicide is simply the result of not being able to cope with your pain.
    Also, I have always liked the notion of Death as a friend, who accompanies you throughout life, and takes away the pain in your darkest hour. Death, as portrayed in His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, which I must have read almost a decade ago as a kid, really stuck with me. Anyway, I didn't really like how this poem came out, except the last paragraph.
  2. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

You are seriously depressed. Please see a therapist. Death is no solution to anything. One thinks that detah is a solution because one is not able to cope with life's problems. But with help from friends and family, wih help from therapists, you can be cured.
  3. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

Keep venting here. Keep writing to vent out your emotions. Write, write and write soem more even if people do not reply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.