sister taken overdose

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by paperplate, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperplate

paperplate New Member

Please help, can't believe I am here writing this. My sister took an overdose last night, I don't know what to say to her and don't want to say the wrong thing? I have seen her today and one thing she said has confused / worried me. She said she didn't want or think she would die but then went on to say she feels like her attempt was a bit anti climatic?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Talk if she wants to talk - and by talk I actually mean listen far more than talk, and encourage her to get professional help. I would also suggest you try to get her to go to hospital to ensure there are no long term effects from the overdose, plus there they can talk to her or have a social worker talk to her and try to get a real plan for help put into place.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree she need to talk to someone who can help her a professional get her to her doctors ok or to emergency room where they can get some blood work done to see the effect overdose is having on her organs

4. paperplate

paperplate New Member

Thanks for your response my mum called an ambulance this morning they did tests etc and said it won't do her any harm. She has a doctor's appointment tonight and will hopefully get help. We are all in shock as this is very out of character.

5. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

Going back to your earlier post paperplate---(this is imho okay?) I think once you make the decision and stay with it for a while (yup NYJ) then doing an actual something can feel anticlimactic. Especially since she was rescued.

Hope I understood what you were really asking.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, really sorry to hear about your sister's ill health right now. I hope now she can start the recovery process and find someone she can relate with that can help you. People will always be judgmental but there is always a reason why one does such a thing. I think you should make sure she knows you are there for her and on her side. She is very lucky to have a brother like you, I hope she is feeling okay today somehow. best of luck to you and keep talking.

7. paperplate

paperplate New Member

Yes turryburry thankyou. i guess it confused me as she said she didn't actually want to die but then when she said it was anti climatic i thought she meant she would have rather it had been a successful attempt..If you know what I mean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.