Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Elle., Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I'm watching my sister develop an eating disorder much like anorexia nervosa or rather, anorexia athletica. There's nothing I won't do to stop her from harming herself, but I literally do not know hwat to do.

She's had to do this assignment for school last year, shes now 15, in which she had to weigh herself every day and count every calorie she ate. She was fat back then, while a really funny and outgoing girl witha lot of friends.

Since that project, she's been obsessivly sporting and dieting. My mom noticed and my older sister noticed. Though, I am the only one who seems to care for it the most. I've looked into her computer history, I know I shouldnt have, but my intentions were good. There was NOTHING less that colorie shecking sites and even Pro-ana websites, and I just completely lost it. I was SO shocked and told my mom and older sister.. They have been on alert since then and made sure my sister eats, and my mom has even stood behind the bathroom door to check for throwing up sounds.

Well, the've sort of given up on the idea something might be going on with her.

Tonight, my own little sister told me, crying, that she's been throwing up her food.

I don't know what to do to help her? Should I keep this to myself? I reaaaally don't know what to do. And it seems really selfish of me to tell people aboutthis, mostly because I SI and no one knows about it. It just sort of makes me feel like the bad guy you know? It's like telling everyone her secret; though I know it would be for the better...

I'm clueless. Any tips?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think your sister is asking you to help her and i would tell an adult so they can get her the help she needs. Your sister probably is very frightened about what is happening she needs your help to tell someone in responsibitlity to help her.
  3. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

thanks for you rreply. I've told my brother, who's very down-to-earth abou thtese kind of things. He insisted I told my mom, so I did. My mom was grateful I told her and promised it was the right thing to do...

I dont know whether or not my sister realised I told people, but she seems fine towaards me.

Anyways, I wonder if my moms restrictions on her sporting and her constant controlling of what she eats will result in her being more secretive about it? Won't she just want to do it more because it's not 'allowed' ? I mean she's 15 so she might just find it interesting no?
  4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I answered you in your other post about this..let me know if I can help or you want to talk. I am here for you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.