Site defaults keep getting more annoying...

Lazarus102

Gotta love forced two step verification .... I wanted to make a forum post, not piss around with the friggin settings to make it more of a pain in the ass to post on the forums... Newsflash, I don't give an ass if someone steals my acnt on a suicide forum... Nor do I see any logic in why they'd want to in the first place..

Item number two, this stupid "mobile chat" bubble overlay on the mobile site, I'd say lose it, it's annoying... I'm trying to chat on the forum and it's just in the way.. If I wanted to "mobile chat" I'd go to mobile chat.. it's like one of those annoying pop up adds that you can't close..

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just took some screenshots for you because I have my moblie chat disabled myself. I find that it takes up too much of the screen and gets in the way a lot.

1. Press the moblie chat tab which will lead you to the option of chat rooms plus members currently online.

2. Click on the spanner in the top right corner (which I've marked)
20190629_175914.png

3. You'll then get these options. Make sure that the, "Hide moblie chat tab on site" is turned to on and the moblie chat will be disabled from your screen.
20190629_175954.png

I hope this helps.
Kira :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey there
I disabled your two factor authorization. That is a setting in your account settings though so it is checked / unckecked by you. I've unchecked it manually on my side for now.
Let us know if we can give you a hand with anything else.

Matt

Lazarus102

Hey there
I disabled your two factor authorization. That is a setting in your account settings though so it is checked / unckecked by you. I've unchecked it manually on my side for now.
Let us know if we can give you a hand with anything else.

Matt
Uhh.. that kinda did the opposite of help. The site literally will not let me do anything without the 2 step verification enabled..

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not sure what is causing your 2 step verification issue. I can assure you it isn't a site default. I've never had 2 step verification enabled. Verification retention works off of cookies. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Lazarus102 - You currently have your two step verification disabled on the software. Clear your cache and cookies and update here please.

Lazarus102

@Lazarus102 - You currently have your two step verification disabled on the software. Clear your cache and cookies and update here please.
For the love of God, quit disabling it.... Leave it alone.. thx... If it's not enabled the site will not let me do anything. If you're going to do anything about it, remove the entire damn 2 step verification system from the site, it's just annoying...

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I sent you a PM about this but you haven't responded so I'll reiterate what I said here -

You don't want the two-step verification. Myself and @Walker keep disabling it for you only for you to turn around and enable it again. You've done this several times now.

Do you want it disabled or enabled? The choice is yours. Clearly you know how to activate which one you want so we'll leave it up to you to choose.
If you're going to do anything about it, remove the entire damn 2 step verification system from the site, it's just annoying...
Well, this isn't going to happen. If it was an issue for multiple members then, yes, maybe we could consider looking into it but for now it seems that you are the only one having issues with it.

I'm not sure what we can do for you unfortunately.

P.S. Were you able to disable your mobile chat with the screenshots that I left for you?

Lazarus102

I sent you a PM about this but you haven't responded so I'll reiterate what I said here -

You don't want the two-step verification. Myself and @Walker keep disabling it for you only for you to turn around and enable it again. You've done this several times now.

Do you want it disabled or enabled? The choice is yours. Clearly you know how to activate which one you want so we'll leave it up to you to choose.

Well, this isn't going to happen. If it was an issue for multiple members then, yes, maybe we could consider looking into it but for now it seems that you are the only one having issues with it.

I'm not sure what we can do for you unfortunately.

P.S. Were you able to disable your mobile chat with the screenshots that I left for you?
Yes, thx, I got that disabled. I don't want 2 step verification, but the site only loads a message telling me to enable it and won't let me even view the forum until I do.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes, thx, I got that disabled. I don't want 2 step verification, but the site only loads a message telling me to enable it and won't let me even view the forum until I do.
I've got no idea about that so I'll have to tag in the other Admin to see what they have to say about it. @Walker @Freya

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Lazarus,
Sorry that you are having issues with the verification process. As it is, this isn't an issue on our side because no other users are having this problem. Once a year or so someone does show up with this happening and we troubleshoot them until they figure it out. That requires cooperation from both sides such as you answering messages and following through with the steps in the process. Clearly you are frustrated with this and I hope that you will let us know when you're ready to do that.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00