Site migration

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Raven, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Guest

So we are sorta happy with what we can do with new software and with all the problems with chat I am working on a date to move us to the new software and to the new chat program. You are going to see some loss of functionality and some things we have here and simply not going to port. Just keep in mind that we are installing about as a bare bones system on the forum as possible. And in no way do we now plan on keeping up and replacing some of the mods and things you have all come to expect from us.

I will be posting dates shortly as well as a twitter account everyone can follow and see the status of the upgrade's and where we are at as move. Please go and parse around the test site suicideforumtest.biz and keep and eye on this tread.

Raven.

2 people like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Raven, thank you so much for all your hard work. What would we do without you??

I'm very excited about the new forum I can't wait 'til we're on it :)

3. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

It looks really nice so far! Thank you so much for all that you do! I'm so super excited for the new forum!!

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Oh my. :eek:

Its coming together! Very good job. Now I just have to get used to the different everythings and it's good to go.

5. Raven

Raven Guest

Sorry everyone that chat sucks right now, I know its crap but for some odd reason my plugin was crashing the site and I managed to break the shit out of my test site.

6. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i know you are doing your best. cant do a private chat or detach chat from the main page.

7. suicidalfish

suicidalfish Active Member

What was wrong with the other format? It was fine.

8. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

The other format may have looked fine but it was not 'fine' - it was old and buggy and we needed something clean and new. We are still in the initial stages of the move - there are still a bunch of plugins to install and I believe we will be installing a theme that will be an option in the style selector to have the forum appear almost exactly as it did before, if that is your preference.

Raven is working incredibly hard on getting things sorted out and he is doing an absolutely awesome job. THANK YOU Raven for all your hard work - it is really really appreciated :)

2 people like this.
  9. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi, I'd like to say a colossal thank you to Raven too for his hard work and efforts. I think with any transition, there are always going to be questions that come up and adapting to the new environment may take some time in some instances. However, I really like the new design and the forum members I've conversed with concur with this. So thank you Raven for your diligence in building a more contemporary and appealing environment.

10. danni

danni Chat Buddy

what happen to the chat room? and for some reason when i type up the site it doesn't show up?

11. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Danni,

Just to clarify this, do you mean when you type this in your preferred Internet Browser search engine?

I noticed this when I typed 'suicide forum' into Google. I.E. It didn't come up when I typed this. However, if you type 'suicideforum' in Google, Suicide Forum comes up as the first search result.

Alternatively, you could add the URL or Website Address which is https://www.suicideforum.com/ as a favourite which will make access more easier.

Thank you, Husky

12. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

I don't like it! :(

13. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

With the new forum, I get an error message when I log on. Is it just me or something that's being worked out? If it's me, what can I do to fix it? Sorry for any trouble I'm causing. Thanks.

14. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

Suicide Forum - A Support Community for People in Crisis - Error
    New registrations are currently not being accepted.

15. Acy

BooBoo, did you try to log in as a new account or does that always appear for you? Just wondering.

16. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

That link is no more valid for new website.. you will need to bookmark all again with new Urls.
    For chat you can use this url https://www.suicideforum.com/arrowchat/public/chatroom/?id=1

17. Freya

Acy, I don't know why you are trying to sign in on the addon chat link? I am sorry, maybe I am missing something.

Andy, why did you try to register a new account?

18. Acy

I haven't tried to register a new account. When the site moved over to xen.foro with the addon chat, I couldn't find Suicide Forum at all via google. Eventually I found suicide forum.com via Google at a link called: vBulletin Suicide Forum xen.foro addon chat.

That is the only access to the site I have now. The bar at the top right when I arrive there asks me to log in or register if new. So I log in there. (I thought it was just a new site glitch. Maybe it is specific to me? I dunno. :( )

19. Freya

Acy, you need to just type suicideforum.com into the bar. You don't need to search on Google. Just type that into the main bar and it will get you to the home page. Then log in and check "keep me logged in". The next time you type suicideforum.com into the bar after that you should be still logged in. If you go to Google and click that vbulletin link you will get an error because that doesn't exist anymore.

Click the address bar at the top. Type suicideforum.com. Hit enter. Log in. Check 'Keep me logged in'.

Next time you want to come here just start typing suicideforum.com in the top address bar and it will auto fill and you can just press enter and you will be here. :hug:

20. Acy

Hi, Lu. Whew, thank you! Yes, I finally realized (before seeing your reply above) that people meant to use the browser bar, not google search.

I was doing a google search each time and linking from there. suicideforum.com in the browser bar brings me to the site's home page. Yay! :)

I do check "Keep me logged in" but always log out when I'm done here, so I have to log in each time. I'm okay with that. I like to log out of any site I've been on. Makes me feel that no one can trail me from there - just a little eccentricity and sign of my mild paranoia. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.