Sk8 and Destroy

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xero, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xero

xero Member

It is so not good in every way, sure feels that way though. Idk I'm so used to the pain and misery inside that it has become something I'm familiar with and comforted by. Sad to say but I enjoy it at times; taking that risk knowing it's only a matter of time before I lose. Nothing broken yet just major bruises and sprains, can barely rotate my right arm some times.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy sk8ing.... well I used to. Sk8 crazy, get winded smoke a couple of cigarettes and do it again. If I'm not in the danger zone, I wear myself down to the point that I can barely walk, then sk8 2.5 mi from the park back to my house.

Recently I've become a heavy smoker, almost at a pack a day. My uncles from both sides of my family have died from lung cancer or are in the late stages. So if I keep it up I know I'm doomed.

kinda new here, so I'm not sure if it's ok to go on like I did....
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to SF.

I would consider, when you are ready to do so, looking for local support for smoking cessation with family history in mind. Lung cancer is painful to experience, my dad had part of one lung removed through years of smoking - and it was a fairly irritable time for him.

If you are willing to share other reasons as to why you have internal pain/misery, others may be able to support you/offer advice to potentially help your cause. But it could be worthwhile seeking therapy as well, as there may be things that they could assist you with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.