skin crawling...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by prometheusunbound, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prometheusunbound

prometheusunbound New Member

These last few days I've been very edgy and the desire to self injure is nearly constant. I feel like peeling my skin off. Resisting this urge seems nearly pointless. The only thing stopping me is that i don't want to deal with hiding and/or having to explain the injuries. What always gets me here is a feeling of being trapped--having no other outlet. It's the only way to get things out. I can't shut my brain off. I can't get out of my head for more than a few minutes at a time. I've got no good reason for being this way. I feel like I'm just being stupid, but at the same time I can't make it stop. I am stuck. I don't know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi many hete understand that urge hun keeping mind busy until urge passes works listen music get outside phone someone keep talkk
    ing here it helps as well hope u dont harm u hopun hugd ok

3. prometheusunbound

prometheusunbound New Member

Yeah, I try those things. But sometimes it jsut doesn't work. Especially when friends don't pick up the phone or read their texts or check their emails... Suffice it to say I was unable to resist. But I don't even care anymore.

4. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

This is just how I feel at the moment. Fortunately I am so constantly exhausted that I literally don't have the energy. I was also lucky enough last night to have a friend on the phone (she read children's stories to me until I fell asleep!).

I'm sorry you weren't able to resist. I hope you're ok and didn't cause too much damage. It might sound stupid but it helps me to remember that summer is coming, and as you said I just can't be bothered to hide it.

It might also help to keep posting here whenever the urge gets strong. Just vent your emotions, knowing there are people here who understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.