Skin Itching - seeing things all around

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by galalleni, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

Got off of benzo's I've been on for a while (no tapering), stopped drinking alcohol from drinking at least 5 shots a day. A creature was following me last night - I heard rustling nearby and dead leaves where moving - I ran towards my home (not mine - family's) and shut the door as I heard it chasing after me - got me pretty frightened. I couldn't seem to make my skin stop itching that night either (has it only been 1 or 2 days since I posted?) - I can't remember large chunks of yesterday, and what I do remember is more scattered - I feel like I'm high but I haven't taken anything - feel awful, like I must have a drink right now (a physical response), but I don't have any alcohol around - if I get alcohol my family will kick me out on the street. I don't know what to do - I'm frightened this won't stop or that I'll get permanent brain damage from a seizure or something. Hope I survive yet again - the movie tonight helped ease my tension a bit.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yikes, the idea of something following you is pretty scary. i bet your heart was pounding madly. i read too may scary stories (murder mysteries, dean koontz stories), so i'm always noticing shit like that and FREAKING myself out.

stll, you are home safe now.

can you give the psych a call about the side-effects? they might be withdrawal related, or they might be a side-effect of the new drugs in your system. it's always a trade-off, eh, against feeling emotionally more well and physically like crap. still, he'd know if what you describe should wear off in a few days or not.
  3. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

I was able to sneak in some vodka to help ease my withdraw symptoms - I also have a refill of the benzo's at my local pharmacy - luckily I can now taper off as long as I keep the alcohol and pills hidden from my family.

Note: Peanut butter and chocolate mask the smell of alcohol quite well (my acquaintances suggested this - they couldn't smell the alcohol - they weren't drinking either). It's one of the tricks I have up my sleeve to evade them.

I found out what was following me - a squirrel from outside likes this house I'm in - it started following me today - had me scared to no end the other night (sounded like something much larger). Had a visual image of a spider known as solifugae (common around these parts) - it's an aggressive spider with an extremely painful bite - it actually hisses at people (called a 'child of the earth' because of it's shriek).

Skin not itching anymore - I'm in a calmer state now - as long as I can keep everything hidden (dresser works well here - I do my own laundry - no one checks my room).
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i was once camping alone in the woods, and heard something big and scary coming towards my tent. i was *so* scared, but finally i turned on the flashlight and shone it directly at the "monster" creeping up on me. turned out to be a bunny rabbit. funny how things sound different when you are alone and it's dark outside.

glad you are feeling a little better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.