skipping to reduce weight

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by OutCaste, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

what do you think ? it is an exercise that i can find interesting.
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

If the exercise increases your pulse it can help you loose weight.
    General rule of thumb they teach in the gyms I've been too is any exercise which gets you to 80% of your maximum pulse rate.
    And you work that out by subtracting your age from 220 BPM.
  3. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

skipping, lol that's cute. I wish I didn't care what other people thought; skipping is good excercise from what I remember. your heart rate gets up in no time due to the force you need to exert to jump that high. the drawback is you can't skip on a hill, going uphill that is. skipping downhill is kind of like flying if its a steep hill. :)

next thing we will be discussing: reducing weight with a silly walk
  4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Start walking...... Walking is a easy way to lose extra weight.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Maximum heart rate just means the healthy amount for your age? Or something like that right?

I mean if you go over your maximum heart rate, is it unhealthy?

Skipping does sound fun though :)
  6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Anything you enjoy doing that involves physical activity is an excellent way to lose weight because you will be more likely to keep it up for longer, as opposed to doing something tedious that you despise. Hey, if skipping's your thing, skip away. Try alternating between jogging, skipping and chasseeing to mix it up! :tongue:

The key to doing any excercise to maximum benefit is doing it properly. If you choose to skip, get those knees up high and swing your arms when you do it! Squeeze the muscles in your butt and torso and legs for an over-all great workout to intensify the effects :)
  7. OutCaste

seems like its working..i have gone down by 3 pounds.
  8. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Skipping is actually a tough exercise. When I think of skipping I don't think of girls having fun, but a boxer training hard for a fight. It is a great way to lose weight.
  9. OutCaste

well its a good exercise. but i really feeling suicidal nowadays and today, i forcefully ate(out of self hate) until i was vomiting. once again its back to square 1. im not sure if there is a purpose to reducing weight because i do not want to live in the first place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.