Sleep as a coping mechanism

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by i need relief, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone else look forward to sleeping every day? It's one of the only times I truly feel relief. I often sleep for 10+ hours a day, just because it feels better than being alive.

I wish I could sleep forever.

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I sleep for around 12 hours a day...wish I could get by on less, but when I do, I just want to take a nap :(

3. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Oh Yes sleep is my favourite past time at the moment I could sleep all day and night,I dread waking up.Apparently sleep is related strongly with depression.

4. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

i use to train myself to know when i'm sleeping and do what ever i feel like in my dreams. sometimes i'd be in a nightmare and then suddenly different background.

5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

sleep is a wonderful thing. i used to think sleep was a waste of time. i believed that for a long time in my addiction. now i welcome sleep. my problem i i don't sleep very much. i fall out when i need to. like yesterday, i fell asleep in the middle of a post. woke up, couldn't get back to sleep til like 3pm. i wish i could sleep normal hours. i'll get a few hours here and there. when i'm depressed, i sleep a lot more. it's a good thing too. sleep rules,just wish i could do a lot more of it.

6. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I sleep too much, usually 12+ hours a night. It's the only thing I enjoy. Tho often times I have crappy perverted dreams or nightmares that I wake up to. :dry:

7. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

yeah, when i'm down i sleep as much as possible, can do 16 hours a day if needed :biggrin:

8. Jackson

Jackson Guest

I used to stay in bed 16-18 hours a day, but I got to where I couldn't stand the feeling of loss every time I woke up. It was like ripping pages off my life's calendar. It was a good escape while it lasted, though. Now I probably get 4-5 hours of sleep a night, not quite enough. I've never been able to nail down a healthy sleeping pattern.

9. whynot

whynot Active Member

I feel much better after sleeping. Almost inebriated after a nice 40 minute nap.

10. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Sleep is good, as long as i don't get nightmares. Sadly, i dont get enough sleep... and if i could get more sleep, I definitely would, especially seeing as i hardly get nightmares nowadays.

TDM

11. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

looks like we all love to retreat into sleep. i wish i could snap my finger and have a clone replace me while i go to sleep forever and never wake up and never dream

12. Pneuma

Pneuma Guest

That sounds so much like me! I get in 10-12 hours as a way to avoid my pathetic reality. I'm trying to get back on a healthy sleep cycle but it's been really hard. This is gonna sound really lame and kinda crazy but I've also been trying to use positive mantras when I get up in the morning [ahem I mean afternoon] like "I can make my life into a life I want to live".

13. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

wow last nite alone i got 15 hours of sleep and the nite before i got about the same. however the nite before that i didn't get any. i love to sleep. i wish i could do it all the time. unfortunately there are things i am responsible for taking care of so must get done.

14. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

i'm surpised no one wanted to know how to know when one is dreaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.