Sleep Deprivation

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TheOncomingStorm, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

I cant handle the lack of sleep anymore ...But i also cant get to sleep either :(

Its driving me insane, but everytime i settle down to sleep, i'm flooded with thoughts and hallucinations and what not and i end up feeling wide awake full of anxiety, so i'm back on my laptop or reading or something..Just something to regulate how i'm feeling again

Argh, just dont know how much longer i can deal with this lack of sleep :(
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I think you should go see a doc about it, Lucy. Or like you mentioned, maybe consider going inpatient again, it might help. :hug:
  3. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

I dont have another appointment with my psychiatrist until the 9th of september..its been the longest i'll have been without an appointment since i started seeing a psychiatrist in March.
    And I doubt inpatient will happen to be honest... I mean how many times did they mention it before it was actually offered to me last time?
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Can you do anything to let out, and express what you're going through? I don't know if that would help you as it helps me though. But I do find after that, I'm not troubled with lets say voices if I'm in a state of hyperarousal, anxiety and agitation.

How long haven't you been sleeping?

What medication are you on, if any? It might be an idea to get some short term anxiety or sleeping aid to help you through this period.
  5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. I start seeing bugs crawling over the ceiling and in the corners and my mind gets filled with scary images, thoughts, noises. Have you tried sleeping during the day, if you have that luxury? I find I can sleep just fine in the daylight it's just night time that causes a problem. You can try sleeping pills sold over the counter that may work for you or if the daylight thing works, go to bed while it's still light outside.