1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleep Disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nevermore, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevermore

Nevermore Active Member

Sorry If I am remaking a topic, but I wanted to know if anyone else has serious problems with sleeping. (I'm sure there are a lot of people)

I personally cant get to sleep. Normal bedtimes are 4-5. However, when I do I am often times impossible to wake. Today I slept through an alarm for an hour and a half, which caused me to be late for work. I'm not sure if this is an issue or just me being stupid. I just want to sleep.

Does anyone else have a sleeping issue or information about the disorders associated with sleep?

2. DoubledStratum

DoubledStratum Well-Known Member

Sounds like Hypersomnia, where you sleep too long. My advice is to go the the GP, bring a pen and paper, write down everything he can think of, try everything for at least a month, then come back.

Otherwise, wikipedia has a general outline on these disorders, but you'd be best off on a health website. Try google.

And good luck. ^__^

3. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

it sounds like you might have some kind of insomnia, a lot of ppl think that just means you cant get to sleep but it can be one or a combination of not being able to get to sleep, waking in the night or waking too early, i get a mix of all three quite a lot, it also has to last for over a certain amount of time but i forget how long (sorry) the best thing i can suggest is either talking to your doctor to find a good way to get to sleep, whether that means meads or a natural remidy or looking up relaxation techniques online

i hope thats some help :hug:
    bunny

4. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I'm the same. It takes me forever to get to sleep but once I am nothing short of a nuclear war will wake me up.

5. Syd

Syd Guest

I used to have a major prob with it, but nowadays I can sleep if I want to (though I often stay up on purpose) I just need to take mirtazapine in the evening and I can usually drift off though. Exercise helps as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.