Sleep improvement = Better mood

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by galalleni, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

My parents took a NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill) family course - they reported that people who had the greatest improvement were those who got regular sleep.

I've been on ambein, most of the benzodiazapine's (Klonipin, Temazepam, Ativan, Xanax, Restoril, and some others), chloral hydrate, gabapentin (neurotin) - unfortunately none of these worked - either I gained a tolerance within a week, or they just plain didn't work. I'm also on 60mg of Remeron and 1000mg of Seroquel - sedating medications which haven't sedated me. I've tried self medicating with my step-dad's morphine, opana, hydromorphone, oxycotin, oxycodone, ketamine, and hydrocodone - these just get me high and don't sedate me unfortunately.

I finally found something that works for my chronic insomnia - and it's improved my mood substantially. People who lurk here know I've been depressed/suicidal for quite some time.

So what did I find?

Delta-9-THC - pot/weed/marijuana. Smoking a very small amount sedates me sufficiently to get sleep and stay asleep for a while. In my state it's legal with a perscription - but only for people who have bipolar disorder - so I have to obtain mine through other channels (even though I have severe depression with psychotic features and chronic insomnia).

My counselor hails this improvement in my mood - he can't officially support illicit drugs - but he is mightily impressed and thinks it should be legal considering the improvement. I feel like a new man - I am finally getting good rest - but I'm afraid of being caught. :smile:

Just thought I'd post this becuase I know a lot of people suffering from depression also suffer from insomnia - and if you've tried all the things I've tried your probably looking for respite - this may help you.
  2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Yeah man when you blaze you get the munchies, and then your burnt out.

You get good sleep from it but, just remember, too much of anything isn't good for you.
  3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I find that nothing more than a few more hours of sleep (I usually only sleep 5 or 6) is enough to improve not just my physical functioning but my mood all around as well.

Congrats on your improvement :)
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

6 for me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.