sleep or insomnia

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by normaljoe, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

do you sleep too much or do you tend to not sleep at all when depressed or are triggered?

I have found it varies from person to person. personally I sleep too much. 16-20 hours if bad. and even though i got all that sleep i would just stay awake for 4-6 eat, and then be able to pass right out and do it all over again. but if i feel "normal", a 2 hour nap fucks my entire sleep schedule and I am up till 4 am. <<<weird or does this happen to you?
  2. ACPhilosopher

ACPhilosopher Active Member

I have personally slept through many intolerable chapters of my life and I highly recommend it. At present, though, I can't seem to turn my mind off at night and find it impossible to let go of the day until I am so tired, I am ready to pass out.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I do not sleep - the worse it is the less I sleep ... we all have our own and different reactions to similar stresses or circumstance.
  4. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Depressed or not, insomnia has hit me every night for the last 17 years, so I am damned no matter what.
  6. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Well, depressed or not, hardly I go to sleep before 2 AM. Only thing that changes is that when I'm depressed, I get tired very easy. No matter what I do - from getting out of bed to go out of my house, everything becomes as near to impossible as it can.
  7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Twenty year insomnia streak.
  8. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It depends. Sometimes when I am in the depressed state where I have no motivation and absolutely abhor everything I tend to sleep more. Sometimes if I am in a paranoid depressed state I won't sleep too much. If I am on the opposite spectrum e.g hypomanic or manic I can go without sleep for days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.