Sleep or stay sober ?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kassy, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

I just learned that the med I take to sleep is what trigger my alcohol craving... How sad it is.

Then I cant enter in a rehab program because of the med (clonazepam) and my doctor is in vacation for another 2 weeks.

And the only time I have to do that rehab program is now, while I AM in vacation.

It sucks 1 billion time.

Doctors have been trying to find the correct medication for me to sleep and I have been sleeping most of the time with clonazepam and now, I have to stop it because it is as worth than alcohol for my brain which does not make the difference ??? (SWEARING) What a brain !

So, what decision will I make : continue to sleep well or stay sober ?

That is a tough one :-(((((((((((

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Is it possible that you can try other similar meds that can help you with sleeping but might not make you crave alcohol as much? Maybe, since your doctor is gone for a few weeks, you can try something over-the-counter that might help with sleep in the meantime until he/she returns. Just throwing ideas out there, for what it's worth. :)

3. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas !
    The thing (and it has been confirmed by a nurse) is I can not stop the clonazepam like that. I need my doctor to tell me how to stop it and it can take up to 3 weeks before the med is out my body.

If I stop now, I would be really sick.

But my hope is now that I know why, maybe, the alcohol craving came back, because of a pill and not because I am screwed up, it will help me to hold on until the doctor comes back.

I hope.

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

You're welcome, and bueno suerte (means good luck in Spanish) weaning yourself off the sleep aid and trying another kind!

:IrishDoll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.