Sleep paralysis with night terrors.

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

This is what I believe I've been experiencing recently. Basically what happens is I have a nightmare that feels totally real. And then I experience SP.

Nightmare Example one: there are these sparks, as though from fireworks, in the sky and they are even coming through the window of my house, flying at me, about to burn me. I walk into another room only to see my brother burned in literally 2 halves that are just laying there, and then I see my mom and she's unhurt asking me how I survived. Then we're outside and they're still falling from the sky and we have to run back into the house before we get burned while the image of my brother is still stuck in my mind and I feel like I am crying.

Example 2: I feel as though I am in a plane looking out the window. I realize this plane is about to crash because it keeps going up suddenly and then down abruptly. The inside of the plane looks an awful lot like a room I've been in before but I'm not sure if I realize this during the nightmare, thus it feels real and scary to me.

So both of these dreams happened to me tonight and alternated with sleep paralysis. The plane thing happened first, then I was in my room and felt awake but unable to move, then after trying to forcibly move or "really wake up" the other nightmare happens. After it is over, I am scared out of my mind, and then same thing happens. I am laying "awake" but unable to move or scream. Then after a while the SP happens all over again, I'm thinking okay no dream this time in between? But it actually is another dream because this time instead of being stuck, I was able to move and get out of my bed. I thought I was awake. I saw my entire family, I including my brother (who was in one piece) having dinner. They asked me how I slept and I was crying because I had slept horribly. Then I realized that was just a dream too because I finally woke up for real this time and immediately started looking at what sleep paralysis was on my phone. It was seriously awful. And I refused to go back to sleep once I finally woke up.

From what I understand if this happens often, could it be narcolepsy?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

I have experienced sleep paralysis before, maybe once or twice. I can't give a single piece of advice on how to avoid it but I can tell you some stuff that has helped me through night terrors.

Don't go to sleep after having dinner, rest for a bit before going to bed.
    Try to relax, even if you're currently deppresed or suffering for something you need to stay calm, it's difficult but try not to think of your problems directly.
    Don't sleep with your mouth facing the roof (this also helps with sleep paralysis) try sleeping in other positions.
  3. Alexgrey

Alexgrey Well-Known Member

I have Sp a lot, since I was a little kid. It scared me to death, I was afraid to go to sleep.
    I told a friend about my problem and he told me that when it happens, I should relax. Just relax, and wait for it to end.
    Even though we don`t think properly when we have SP, I think after a few times we can control it.
    And when you control it, and relax, you should fly. For real. You leave you body behind, you can even see it, and walk to other places. I managed to go to my neighbours apartament once.
    Even though sometimes it still scares me, sometimes I can control it, and it`s not that bad.

To me, it happens when Im really tired and when it`s too much natural light in the room Im sleeping.

Hope it helpes!

#18 Well-Known Member

I've had this scares the hell out of me. I try so hard to move and I can't for about five seconds. But it feels more like five minutes. It's very unsettling for me. Sometimes I've felt before at night something was watching me. It's all just terrible paranoia, but I'm sick of it and scared.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.