sleep paralysis

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Jackson, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackson

Jackson Guest

I've only had this once I think. I woke up, felt completely conscious, and couldn't move a muscle or breathe for close to 20 seconds. Doesn't sound like a long time, but I had no idea what was happening or if it would end. Any experiences with you all?

2. philio

philio Well-Known Member

happened to me before... didnt think too much of it though...

think its just the body still thinking your asleep even though your awake:wink:

3. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I think some may call it an out-of-body-experience, and it happens when your mind regains consciousness during sleep but your body remains in an REM paralysis state. I've had this happen to me a number times and it's always a little frightening. You literally wake up and find yourself paralyzed. If you can manage to escape that fear however, it can actually be used to your advantage.

4. Jackson

Jackson Guest

There's so much I don't know. Drives me freaking crazy.

5. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

*shudder* I used to get those all the time in middle school. They were horrible and I was convinced that some kind of Force was out to get me...

((I was weird back in middle school.))

I feel for you.

6. danni

danni Chat Buddy

..i can relate to this it has happen to me alot and noplacetogo is right about the out-of-body-expercience. It's also like daydreaming and a way.

7. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I've had a few of them, usually leave me feeling frightened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.