Sleep pfft give up

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by LetItGo, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

My sleep right now is hilarious. I blame the cat, but he did nothing tonight, and I still cant get to sleep, probably because I take so many light naps during the day...

I cant remember the last time I slept from midnight to 7/8 in the morning. Months ago I expect. I dont think im tired enough, not flogging my body at all really, need to work and workout I guess.

I have no energy during the day because of it...and do everything slowly.

I should have a lot more energy than this...but I guess thats what happens when you have so very little to live for.

2. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. I know for a fact that can make sleeping a full night almost impossible. Example? I AM STILL WIDE AWAKE. :huh:

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

The cat does play a big role, and people have suggested measures to take...short of shooting him (not a bad idea...but I dont own a gun :eek:hmy: ), like simply ignoring him until he gets the drift...but they dont have to live with him, and he knows all the right buttons to push so I end up giving in...Its pathetic...a fucking cat running my life!!!

I also think perhaps im just going to bed too damn early, but thats mostly out of boredom...not much to keep me entertained late at night, shit when I was WoWing...id be up late hours every night, into the early AM...at least then I got some sleep, mind you I was working then as well.

Argh...it would be nice to get one full nights sleep so I could realise just how much more energy I have during the day...and I mean the whole day.

Im gonna try tonight.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Right!!! Prepare for bed. Get a good book, hot milk and tuck self up into bed with no distractions. Sounds like you are tiring out your body but not your mind.

5. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Send me the cat :wink: :smile:

Other than that, I agree with Terry. :hug:

6. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

ah the familiar cat-problem. What exactly is the problem there?

Madeleine has a habit of laying on my bed but after 30mins she gets bored and starts scratching the door, so I get up leave her out, 10 mins later she's scratching from the outside wanting to get in, if I let her in she will want to go out after 30 mins again and the whole story starts over leaving me without sleep, if I ignore her she'll keep scratching the door and believe me, she's quite a persistant cat. so either way Ester gets no sleep.
    I take it Oscar does a similar sort of ritual?
    Please let me know when you got a solution :dry:

I found myself chasing my cat to scare her away, which does leave me tired then. Maybe you should try that? I can imagine a very charming image of sleepy Matty running through the house, chasing Oscar to scare him away so he won't keep you awake now :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.