Sleep problems

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by JamiesNewEra, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamiesNewEra

JamiesNewEra New Member

For weeks now I go to bed about 5am ish and wake up about 4-5pm it effects my social life slot and trying to get 5000exp for my master sargeant has grinded to a hault. Ant suggestions about getting my sleep patern in shape

2. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Wow..thats just about the time i go to bed..5am-6am,well i go earlier but can never get to sleep,give up and go downstaires till about 5ish...i then wake up around 1-2pm fall asleep again till 4ish and it starts all over again...we both need to break the chain....unfortunaly it doesnt efffect my social life simply because i dont have one.

3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Snap! Yeah, I usually go to sleep around 5 - 6am and never get up til about 5 - 6pm, and it is because I don't have a social life that I allow myself to do that. Sometimes I even miss Uni lectures because of it. I find the best way to tackle this sort of thing is to try and stay awake all day (usually hard cause I find myself drifting off for a nap around 2pmish) and go to bed at the normal time (for me that would be around 10 - 11pm), and by then you'll be just so tired that you'll sleep right through to the morning - and then your sleep pattern's back to normal.

4. blueskyblues

blueskyblues Well-Known Member

i have always been somewhat nocturnal. it's not really an issue because like others have said my social life is non-existant. :rolleyes:

5. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

Try staying awake all day, you'll soon exhaust yourself. If it hard use caffiene, except in late-afternoon/evening, at that point you''ll just have to use will power. Get a sleeping pattern, even if you are not sleeping exactly. At least then your body/mind will know what the heck is going on. It can't be healthy waking up in the late afternoon. What about melatonin levels?!

6. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I have this same problem. I usually go to bed around 3 am (sometimes around 2 am). I dont fall asleep until about 4-5am. Then I sleep until noon or after. It really disrupts my day. I miss church, Im late for appointments, I wake up hungry and sick, ect, ect...My only advice is to wake yourself up early one morning and stay up all day. Set an alarm clock in the next room, set it to play annoying music very loudly, that way your forced to get out of bed to turn it off. Then just stay up. Dont go back to sleep and hopefully you will be tired at the next normal bedtime. I know easier said then done(I dont want to do it either. I love late nights and late starts to the day)...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.