1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleep schedule all messed up.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Synesthetic Soul, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

So for the past 2 or three weeks I haven't been able to sleep at night. It's been horrible! It finally caught up with me last night and I went to bed at 10 and was up at 8:30 this morning.

Now! My body wants to go to bed and it's only 6pm! Come on here. :mad:

I want to hit something...

That or take some sleeping pills.. or in this case, an upper. >:O

Help, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  2. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

My sleep schedule is all messed up as well. I stay up until 06:00 in the morning and then sleep to 17:00.

One way to tackle this is to set clocks all around the house with a few minutes difference and then force yourself to go up. You will be tired and all but its a good way to get back. After a few times you will be back in the sleep schedule you need. You also have to work at going to bed even if you are not that tired.

a few tips

-stop thinking to much when you should sleep.
    -even if its hard to fall asleep take the time you need and stay in bed. It gets better. Maby read a few pages in a book, but dont read to long its just to ease the mind and prepare for a good nights sleep.
    -if its a really bad sleep disorder, talk to a doctor and see if they can give you a better plan. they know there stuff. You might want to do this even if its minor, It cant hurt and you will reseave the best information about what to do :smile:

I´m sure there are more tips but this is what I can think of on the top of my mind.

Good luck and get a good nights sleep !

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

oh gosh. sleep! when i lie down - i start THINKING about all my problems.
    i distract myself all day - but at night! bam! they're baaaaack

so - what i have been doing (unhealthy!) is staying up really really late - until i am so exhausted i can't move. .. barely remember hitting my head to the pillow.....and then....bam. i wake up = 3 hours later. whatever.
    at least i am getting 3 hours.

don't want to take sleep meds. . .

one way i distract myself is doing really difficult crossword puzzles. it keeps my mind off my troubles, doesn't trigger sadness like a book might, , etc. .. and builds my vocabulary! :biggrin: