Sleep schedule all messed up.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Synesthetic Soul, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

So for the past 2 or three weeks I haven't been able to sleep at night. It's been horrible! It finally caught up with me last night and I went to bed at 10 and was up at 8:30 this morning.

Now! My body wants to go to bed and it's only 6pm! Come on here. :mad:

I want to hit something...

That or take some sleeping pills.. or in this case, an upper. >:O

Help, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  2. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

My sleep schedule is all messed up as well. I stay up until 06:00 in the morning and then sleep to 17:00.

One way to tackle this is to set clocks all around the house with a few minutes difference and then force yourself to go up. You will be tired and all but its a good way to get back. After a few times you will be back in the sleep schedule you need. You also have to work at going to bed even if you are not that tired.

a few tips

-stop thinking to much when you should sleep.
    -even if its hard to fall asleep take the time you need and stay in bed. It gets better. Maby read a few pages in a book, but dont read to long its just to ease the mind and prepare for a good nights sleep.
    -if its a really bad sleep disorder, talk to a doctor and see if they can give you a better plan. they know there stuff. You might want to do this even if its minor, It cant hurt and you will reseave the best information about what to do :smile:

I´m sure there are more tips but this is what I can think of on the top of my mind.

Good luck and get a good nights sleep !

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

oh gosh. sleep! when i lie down - i start THINKING about all my problems.
    i distract myself all day - but at night! bam! they're baaaaack

so - what i have been doing (unhealthy!) is staying up really really late - until i am so exhausted i can't move. .. barely remember hitting my head to the pillow.....and then....bam. i wake up = 3 hours later. whatever.
    at least i am getting 3 hours.

don't want to take sleep meds. . .

one way i distract myself is doing really difficult crossword puzzles. it keeps my mind off my troubles, doesn't trigger sadness like a book might, , etc. .. and builds my vocabulary! :biggrin: