Sleep tracker App - free

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi
Does anyone know of a free sleep tracker app, that will just track WHEN you are asleep, and actually works (I downloaded 3 last night, 2 didn't have that option although they're called trackers, and one supposedly tracked, but according to it I was asleep when I was actually on here - whilst lying in bed - so it evidently doesn't work).
Do you use one?
Thanks!

Striking

I have a charge2 watch which has a sleep tracker app along with the exercise tracking apps. Does it work? It seems to and I can usually tell how much deep sleep I had without looking at the data.

alice202

SF Supporter
I have the same tracker you do, Striking. I've been using it for about a month. First, I was surprised to learn that it is relatively normal to spend much of the night either in light sleep or awake. I thought it was just me who was a light sleeper.

Second, my tiredness on a given day seems directly related to how much of the night was spent in deep sleep. So I am working on trying to increase my deep sleep by listening to meditations or taking medication for sleep at night. At least this gives me a way to determine if something I try helps or not.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have a charge2 watch which has a sleep tracker app along with the exercise tracking apps. Does it work? It seems to and I can usually tell how much deep sleep I had without looking at the data.
What is a charge2 watch?
I know I'm not getting enough sleep, I just want a tracker so that I can actually see what's going on, and see if there's anything I can do about it.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Charge 2 is Fitbit activity tracker and watch. It counts steps, heart rate etc. You sync the watch daily with an app and it shows you how much time you've spent in different types of sleep (deep, light REM) and how much time awake.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00