Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jayteetornado, Aug 25, 2016.

1. jayteetornado

jayteetornado New Member

I've attempted suicide before. <Mod Edit:Methods>I have Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, ADHD, Asperger's, (PDD-nos) and Social Communication Disorder, which is associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder, alongside Asperger's.

It sucks. My life seems bland and dull, my future consisting of an apartment that reeks of booze, and a 9-5 office job with no plans on the weekend. I feel like I'm already on my way to that never-ending cycle of being numb and terribly doomed. Death seems like the only thing left, and I'm fully open to the idea of suicide, once again. I want to die.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello jayteetornado, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

My goodness girl, you have a lot of health issues. That can not be an easy thing for you to deal with. Are you receiving treatment for all of these disorders?

Are you seeing a counselor to help you deal with your feelings and such? If you are considering suicide, it may be a good idea.

I see you say how unhappy you are with your life and the way it is going. Let me ask you this, how would you want to change it? What would make life more enjoyable for you? What does jayteetornado want out of life? You are such a young person; I would hate to see you not enjoy your life more, and find it more fulfilling.

How can I help you the most?

You are not alone in this fight anymore, you have me =)

Take Care of Yourself
  3. Cronus

Cronus Member

Hi and Welcome to SF Jay,

At the age of 13, your future can look quite stressful and daunting. I'm 22 now but when I was 14, I was asked "Where do you see yourself in 10 years". I replied "Retired" because back then, I had a strong interest in investment property which in Australia (where I live) is quite stable. My idea was to just work a little to save up enough to buy some investment properties then live off the rent return and never worry about forced work again.

"The daily grind" is a common adult situation when it comes to certain jobs, but some can actually be fun. You don't HAVE to get an office job. You could be a childcare worker looking after children, that's not an office job :) Also, you don't have to retire at 65. If you save up enough and start investing in your first year while living frugally, you could be retired by the time you hit 30.

You stated that your future life looked dull and boring, living in an apartment and being stuck in a 9-5 office job. Have a little look at me as an example and you will notice that's not my life whatsoever. I dropped out of school in year 11 (or grade 11) at 17. I completed a Tafe course and boom, straight into the workforce at 18 and nup, never spent a second in an office job, yet at 21, I bought my first apartment and now at 22, I have saved over $200,000 Australian Dollars. That's all money I have earned myself, nobody has given this to me, although I admit I have been heavily investing while receiving good returns.

The point here is that I'm on the way to retiring at the age of 30. $200,000 is enough to buy an investment property in Hobart that will return $250 per week. If I have 4 of those then that's $1,000 per week I'm receiving in rent (minus expenses) and boom, I can live off $1,000 per week and NOT WORK. No grinding each day and with cash to spend. If I keep going I could have myself a beautiful mansion paid for by rent, not a job. Now the big secret... All this on a minimum wage job, a few small side jobs and basic investments.

If all that information is a little much, just take this from my message. You don't have to grind in an office job 9-5 until you are 65, save up and invest to retire at 30 if you like. You don't even have to have an office job... choice something you like. The future will keep expanding and new more interesting jobs may arise.

I hope your future is Bright! You can do it Jaytee! Hang in there and make a good future for yourself. There are plenty of people here to help you out with advice. Good Luck :)
  4. jayteetornado

jayteetornado New Member

I am seeing treatment for all, but the autism. That was recently discovered, althought it was diagnosed in 2009. Been going to therapy for 6 years, as well as taking medication for 6 years.

If there was anything that would make my life worthwhile, it would be being happy and having purpose. The lack thereof obviously goes hand in hand with my suicidal thoughts, seeing that I don't have a reason to live or any joy. It's rough, because I can't seem to shake the lack of meaning for my life.

How can you help? I would just say, please don't lie. I've been lied to and my mind is pretty crap when it comes to being trustworthy. So, be honest, please.

Thank you for saying something. I just don't know what to do.
  5. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

I promise never to lie to you.
    I understand where are you are coming from in regards of being lied too. I personally hate being lied too. It is one of the few things that really upsets me.

I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and PTSD. Plus, I have a myriad of health issues.

I am the most patient person you have ever met.

I want you to promise me, that if I say something, and you don't agree with it, you will correct me. Deal? I promise to never get mad at you. I just want to help you, and if I am wrong I can't.

I will never assume anything with you. So if I ask you a lot of questions, that is why.

What would make you happy? Everyone is different when it comes to this idea.

I understand you want to have a purpose in your life. In what way would you want to have a purpose? Do you have something particular in mind?

I would love to hear more about you and your dreams.

I understand that you feel suicidal. I feel suicidal myself a lot of days. I like you, go through therapy and get my meds adjusted, and hoping for a positive impact. You are not alone in these feelings, sister.

Do you understand why you feel suicidal? If you do not would you like for me to explain it to you?

If you ever have something you want to discuss in private, or if you just want to vent, than please, feel free to PM/IM me.

If you are having a bad day, or just want someone to talk too, reach out to someone here.

You are not alone anymore in this battle. You have us.

I care for you and I care about what you are going through.

Take Care of Yourself