Sleep

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by GoldenPsych, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I have not been sleeping for ages now. They doc gave me 7 Zopiclone of which I have 4 left but I really dnt wanna take them as I need them for next weej as I have exams coming up. I am getting to sleep ok so it is not as though I am lying there worrying about it but I wake up about 5-6 times a night. Last night it was 8 times it was every hour. I am just so tired and I cant concentrate on anything. I have exams next week and I cant sit down long enough to do any revision.

He only gave me 7 pills as he said they stop working and I may get dependant on them but I should try taking them for 3 nights on the row to get in to a pattern but they have not worked like that. The nights hat I have taken them they have worked and I have either slept through or only woken 1-2 times. I felt so much better the next day.

Are there any over the counter things that I can get... I am in England? I am getting to the stage that I am so tired and just talking about it makes me wanna cry.

I am on Venaflaxine already and have been for about 4 months now. I think they are working with the depression as the suicidal urges have decreased and also I haven't cut in about 3 months now. I have been managing it better. I dont think it is medication causing my lack of sleep as I have been on it a while now and if anything the doc said they should help it. Also the sleep thing started before I started taking them. I have been on different medication for 1.5 years now and I think this is one that is finally doing something for me so I am reluctant to come off them. I just dont know what to do.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!!

xxxx

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

The lack of sleep is horrible. It affects you in so many ways. I've never been a good sleeper. I only get about 4 hours a night but it is fortunately a solid sleep. I also use zopiclone and it hasn't helped to change my sleep patterns but like I do get a solid sleep. It sounds like you have too many things on your mind. The body has some stupid ways of dealing with stress and interrupted sleep is one of them. Your subconscious tries to deal with things when you are trying to sleep. Several things to try are getting to bed at a set time each night, do not eat or drink anything heavy before going to bed, do not do any type of strenous activity before bed, bring a book or crossword puzzles to bed with you, before you go to bed, try to write out all the things that are on your mind so that you are not concentrating on them so strongly before you go to bed, make a list of the things you need to do the next day so that they are not rolling around your mind at bedtime. Basically you need to relax as much as you can for about an hour before you get into bed. I hope even one of the suggestions help you hun. Good luck and good night lol.

3. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I have tried all these things, I have cut out caffine and I also dont eat anything about 3 hours before I go to bed. I am wondering if it is stress that is causing it as I dont have any problems getting off to sleep at night, if the stress was bothering me tht much then i don't think that I would be able to get to sleep.

I have brought some antihistamines with the hope that they will cause drowsyness. I have read tht they have the same active ingredients in them as some sleeping pills so I am hoping that I will get some sleep tonight. Doesnt help at he moment that I have a really horrid cold so feeling crap in the day anyway. Usually I would sleep the day away with a cold but I dont wanna add any other contributing factors to why I cant sleep at night.

On a better note, I have just been sitting out in the sun for the past hour and although i was getting weird looks ( I dont have a garden as live in an appartment so was sitting on the grassy area outside) it was very nice! I love this weather when there is a nice breeze.

xxxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.