Sleep

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Zurkhardo, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I find myself in love with sleep. Am I the only one that views it as the ultimate escape, a period of peace and tranquility. Granted I often have bad dreams but still, for the most part, it goes smoothly.

I find sleep one of the things I look forward to the most, especially during periods of high stress. Its something of a compromise, in that it is the closest one has to the escape and peace granted by death but without the permanence (are death and sleep really so different?)

Does anyone else know what I mean or can relate?

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Oh God yes :laugh:

It's great until you start having bad dreams :dry:

Anyway, yeah I totally know what you mean, sleep is like a haven where you can escape from the problems of the day

3. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Sleep so you don't have to feel.

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Indeed, you all captured it perfectly. I was in a combination of fatique and depression at the time of writing this, hence its somberness.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I too love sleep. I love the dreams, good and bad. I suffer from sleep apnea...so at least I know have a machine that provides me the air I need to keep me from snoring.

6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Sleep is wonderful. Though whenever I go through heavy depressive episodes I develop insomnia :sad:. It's fucked up.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I wish I could sleep!! I only average 2/3 hours a night and BAM wide awake.. If I am Lucky I'll get an hour nap during the day..It's not as bad as it use to be..I would go on binges where I was up for three days and then crash for five hours and right back up again..When I would reach that third day it was like euphoria(spelling). I would feel out of body!!!

8. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

Unless you are sleeping so much you can't accomplish anything, then you might as well enjoy sleeping and dreaming for all the restorative power that it has to offer.

9. depressed-dad

depressed-dad Member

i agree here i sit staring at the computer screen tv and whatever else i can at 309am (est) and its like no sleep or even the hint of being tired and its been like this all weekend since the funeral i had been at for my family member who had just passed.
    Its hit me had and it has put me back some...was doing pretty good but now its like really crappy days....i hate it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.