Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Confusticated, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I've only had about 6 hours sleep in total, over the past few nights, and now I'm falling to sleep at work which isn't good. I've taken 10 caffeine tablets and nothing's working!! What do you guys do to stay up when you need to?

Sorry I have no idea where to put this post :p
  2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

I used to have this problem for about 10-12 years but i have recently been put on Lithium and it is a wonder drug! i sleep a full 8 hours no problem now! :D
  3. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

I forgot to say. As a result of me sleeping through the night, i no longer have trouble staying awake when i need to! :)
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

thats a hard one because all that caffeine you are taking is wearing your body out even more I go to doctor get something to help you sleep at night For now i guess energy drink would be best bet but again they too are hard on the heart and body if taken in excess
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Go for a vigorous (but not too long) run (ideally in the cold) and then eat an apple. Fruit is actually better than caffeine at assisting alertness but doesn't mess with your sleep. Running gets your adrenaline pumping at first but then leaves you tired before sleep.
  6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

In reply to the last two posts, I actually work in a Doctor's surgery, and they said that there's nothing they can prescribe me for not sleeping and being tired, because if I'm tired, it's natural due to lack of sleep. What they don't seem to understand is that there are REASONS I can't sleep. Some nights I stay up for hours laying in bed, but recently it has just been because I'm too busy. But thanks for the reply. Second, yeah I've had some fruit and gone for a quick walk in the cold and am doing a little better, the energy drink next to me is also sort of helping, thanks for your reply.

Landlocked, be careful with Lithium. Whilst it's a great drug, and there's no proven (serious) side effects, I've noticed a correlation between the amount of people on lithium and the amount of heart problems they have. I don't want to worry you, just make sure you see a doctor right away if you think you might be having heart problems. As I said, nothing's proven so it's probably me and paranoia lol. Thanks for your reply :)
  7. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

personly to stay awake sometimes i fill a sink with ice cold water and dunk my head!!
    what a wake up
  8. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i wonder if your on a regular schedule or do you have a fucked up one like me at times, that really fucks with my sleep as my body doesnt know wtf is going on if i dont have some sort of schedule in place. But if im tired at work which happens i usually do some exercise for 10 to 15mins get my blood flowing for a bit it keeps me alert for an hour or so afterwards. besides that anything else i tried doesnt seem to work so thing for me is keeping to a schedule where i go to bed at the same time or near to the same time as i can most days..doesnt always work but when i get a fews weeks in a row where i do keep my schedule i sleep awesome....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.