Sleeping on the floor @ 40

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mr_Black, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Black

Mr_Black Member

My life is become a life of crossing off lists. Get up, clean teeth, drink, wash dishes .... I've been depressed now for so long (my brother says i'm clinically fed up lol) I just wanna sleep & not wake up.

I've got a new job but it pays less than the one I was made redundant from. My wife left me, she now has our kids, house & because of our benefit system she clears just under £2000 per mnth. Her life is so good & fulfilled .... I'm left with nothing, unless you call a 60 hour working week & a one room/shared kitchen & bathroom as something?

I'm so lost, I just need to find a way out. Just want some help and no matter how hard I search all I find is apathy

2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Heh, in this lifetime/economy that's pretty much what life brings you. A small apartment, a shitty job... we all go through this. =(

3. Mr_Black

Mr_Black Member

More apathy? lol. I have a house, a beautiful house .... I pay for the frickin thing, I just can't live in it. Can't even afford to put my heating on.

Don't mean to moan, it's just the contrast to what my wife's life is like compared to mine! As long as the kids are ok, I guess

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's okay, you can post and moan as much as you want to. :hug: I'm really sorry you're in such a tough spot. I wish I could offer some words of advice, but I'm here and listening if you want to talk.

5. orangejulius

orangejulius Well-Known Member

Feel free to post on here, I'll be around to listen. It sucks that you're in this kind of a position... I don't think I have any useful advise either, I'm just getting started on my own life. :/

I do greatly respect anyone that thinks of their children first. One day I hope I have that chance.

I'm also in the chat quite often, so if you'd like to talk, we'd love to hear from you.

6. Mr_Black

Mr_Black Member

Hey thanks guys! Kind words, just what the doctor ordered. Spoke to the Samaritans twice yesterday, back at work & feel quite a bit more positive .... For now

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Glad you're feeling better!! :) I think you did the right thing by calling the Samaritans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.