Sleeping pill abuse..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ParadiseLost, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost Member

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and I just don't know who to talk to about it without getting thrown back in the hospital.

I don't tell people so.. I have taken large doses of Ambien multiple times over the past year. Not a number that I thought would kill me but enough that I thought it *might*. Like leaving it open to chance.

I took enough (about 70 mg) that I was hullucinating extremely, have a black out of hours I don't remember where I wasn't asleep (I could see evidence that I did things I don't remember), and then fell asleep while vomitting multiple times. I even passed out and hit the floor hard when I came to and realized I would be sick.

But I continued to do it anyways. I don't even know why.

And.. I really want to do it again but take more. Test the boundary I guess and hope maybe it will kill me.. on accident. I have been having this urge for about a week now and I am becoming increasingly anxious over it. I can't throw out the pills though. It is like it is my out. And I need to have that out.

I don't even know why I am writing this I just feel horrible and don't want to be a druggy or something. I already have enough on my plate hurting my self esteem. Seriously.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

don't throw them out then give themto someone who will control them for you
    Your playing Russian Roulette here one day it will happen and god helpthe one who finds you god help the ones who have to suffer after your gone You sign yourself into hospital do it now.
  3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you give the pills to the toilet. Flush them. Blessings..
  4. lifeispeechy

lifeispeechy Account Closed

i believe ambian is the same as stillnox if thats what your taking i highly recommend you dont take them in australia they were exposed for doing all sorts of nasty things to people and its definately not the best way to die

Try to get on anxiety medication and xanax valium to calm you down if you can they will help good luck
  5. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

I had a problem with Ambien, too.
    It's a crazy drug.

After a few months, I was finally out of refills and that was the end of it because I knew my doctor wouldn't give me more because I told him I stopped taking it.

I was taking about 4-5 a night.

Now, though, that I don't take it, I am really glad.
    Sometimes I still crave the feeling you get from them but I know it's for the better.

Stay strong.
  6. steveoh

steveoh Active Member

wow. you went over the limit, ive had crazy hallucinations on just around 24mg, just take the prescribed dose, and once and a while take one more, then you wont build tolerance and you wont get sick.... duhhh
  7. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

Dude, you're an ass and clearly have no experience with substance abuse.

For the person who started this post because I have a crap memory, my abuse of sleeping pills began this way. It really does lead to long term drug use and at least for me, leaving it to chance led to several serious suicide attempts. I recommend talking to someone about that slight suicide ideation before it grows into something worse. Take care.
  8. Kodye414

Kodye414 Member

I take pills just to sleep the day away I can tell tht it's mess.n with my body when I dnt take them I can't sleep and my body hurts so bad
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.