Sleeping pills, what are "the best" ?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by LillMy8989, Mar 25, 2011.

1. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I am on 5 mg's of Zipiclone, works great but makes me so tired right away after morning, are you preferring or having 'a solution' night-pills?

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Maybe try a benzo, they work great for me and are, I think, the most widely prescribed sleeping pill. They have potential for abuse, though, so unless you have a two-way trust with your doctor you won't be able to get them.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Melatonin is something we have already in us if you buy a supplement it will help you sleep better hugs

4. LillMy8989

No, you couldnt have my life more depressed, I WONT take THEM! Sorry..That is a drugabuse going on

5. LillMy8989

Will tell my doctor, thanks!

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Occasional use does NOT cause addiction. Lorazepam, the one I take, is prescribed up to 6 mg DAILY, for uses other than sleep - I use 0.5 mg occasionally. You can see the difference in probability of abuse quite clearly.

7. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i take 7.5 mg of zoplicone and it is amazing for me, it stops my sleep disorders and i wake feeling totally refreshed which is a rare thing for me.
    Only problem is the doc wont put me on them long term, only sporadically so i dont become dependant on them :(

8. LillMy8989

Ok, was just checking :nerd:

9. LillMy8989

Weird, but I guess we're all different from each other, cause its making me really sleepy and tired morningtime, but still I cant live without them... Ive tried taking 3 Atarax before sleep instead but thats not working as great as a sleepingpill, just stills my thoughts, not makes me fall asleep.