Sleeping Pills

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by InnerStrength, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

So, to add onto all of the other mental complications I'm going through, I'm now addicted to sleeping pills. I take atleast two a night, if I take less I can't get to sleep.

But, I have very vivid, exciting dreams almost nightly. So, this adds to the lure of the addiction. I think I'm going further down the tubes....
  2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

You and me both. My dreams are usually pretty horrible tho.
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

after awhile your body becomes accustomed to the pills and the amount you take usually has to be upped. I took about 5 at a time to fall asleep. Its a dangerous pattern.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

two a night isnt that bad is it?
  5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

tbh i don't think two a night is bad blackness. I think to get to sleep her body will eventually stop reacting to the two and in that case she should talk to her doctor before upping hte dose so that way she doesn't become completely addicted to them.
  6. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I use large amounts of dyphenhydramine or dyloxamine daily. I even steal them to keep myself in supply, I am prescribed them for anxiety as well. These are non-narcotic, but this is probably a problem...... a normal dose worked 10 years ago, now the doses I take have to be 500+ mg.... & I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. These pills are so expensive that I got away with like a couple hundred+ dollars worth of them from 1 store by going back regularly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.