Sleeping pills

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by touglytobeloved, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

As i have mentioned many times before, therapy cant help me, as my condition has nothing with my brain, but its all just a consequence of all problems i have. I have never been more lonely in my life then now. I think i hit the bottom in that part of my life also. I guess the time has come. I promissed myself that i will wait as much as i can, and i will postpone my suicide as long as i can cope with all this. But now i cant anymore. So i was thinking.... Because now i have nothing to do in life, nothing at all, there is nothing that can keep me busy, and all i do is eat and sleep and sit in front of my computer all day long... And im bored with this life, im bored from my computer, internet and whole this virtual world. And I have nothing in my real world. So all i can do is actually eat and sleep. When i woke up, maximum time i can be awaken wihtout getting bored and depressed and suicidal is few hours... i mean suicidal thoughts and depression never fade away, they are always there, in my head, but if my day is long only 4-6 hours, and i can spend the rest 18-20 hours sleeping, then maybe i can prevent suicide.
    So, my question is, are there any sleeping pills, or anything else that can make me very sleepy, so i can sleep 18 hours every day, woke up, do some usually boring stuf at home, check email, check SF, msn, facebook, eat, and then go to sleep again for another 18-20 hours?
  2. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

Hi, you wouldn't want to force yourself to sleep too much. It's quite easy for me to get to bed. When I was depressed a while ago, I was sleeping a lot, just lying in bed, not thinking about anything, peacefully sleep the day off.

To top it off, buy some chips and snacks put it by your bed side, so when you can't sleep, you can eat some chips hahaah :) I was sleeping 15 hours a day for weeks at one time last year.

It's good to sleep eh? It's one of my favorite things to do when I'm depressed, it's a great cure too, as your mind shuts down. These days I'm on the internet till late 3am mornings, maybe thats why I'm depressed again, because I'm not having enough sleep.

Sleep is your friend lol :rolleyes:
  3. Jemi200

Jemi200 Well-Known Member

Forcing yourself to sleep with sleeping pills will ruin your equilibrium and if you ever get off them you'll have a hard ass and very long time to get 'normal' again.

Be willing to accept facts of life, such as 'depression isn't forever'.
  4. hellohello

hellohello Member

hi i'm not sure this last comment is veryhelpful... although when you are finally feeling better after having been depressed for while you can see the truth in it, when you are depressed you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel, that is the definition of depression.... i don't think that you are not willing to accept the facts of life, it is just not possible, so please don't think anyone is blaming you... you are not to blame, you are not well...
    you say that you do not need therapy because you are depressed because of all the problems that you have
    what problems do you have? talk about it...
    thinking of you
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

With depression thats all i did was sleep I didn't need medication to make me sleep it just came on with the depression Sleeping days at a time only getting out of bed 1-2 not to eat just to use bathroom You are depressed if you want to get well go get help if not you will stay depressed and what a boring life. Go get help okay get well get on with your life.
  6. touglytobeloved

Well, thats the problem, i think i do not have depression as an illness, like some imbalance in my brain that makes me sad or sleepy. If i had depression, maybe i would able to sleep more hours a day, but I sleep average, 6-9 hours a day. But when i woke up, i cant find anything that makes me happy, im alone, i dont have friends, because of my health problems they all left me, cant go out and find new, and even when i go out and meet people, getting know with them is only superficiall, none of them would want to see me again, and especially not to spend a lot time with me,because he/she will be bored. My health problems has limited me a lot in what i can do. ANd also made me unwanted as a friend. Noone will like a friend who cant go with you anywhere and have fun together, and thats me, i cant do everything, i cant do all fun things in life, so why would you choose to be with me, if i make your life bored too, pretty much as mine is?
    Thanks for your replies, but so far noone answered my question :sad: Any pills/drugs that can make me sleep a lot? And not for just a few days, i need something that will work much much longer, because sleeping is the only way that will stop me to suicide. Add i still dont want to die, not at least for another few months, but if i dont find anything that can provide me with good sleep, then i will go for endless sleep...
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'll try and answer your question. I've tried almost everything I could think of for sleep. Prescription and non-prescription. Problem is, with almost all, they get you to sleep but do not keep you alsleep.

Also, with all of them, you will build up a tolerance. So, I don't think there is anything that will allow you to sleep 18 hours, not to mention the horrible side affects you would encounter even if you were to find something.

Your best hope is to expand your "real-life" experience and back down on the "virtual". If you want to get into more detail, send me a pm.
  8. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure if there is anything you won't build up a tolerance too. I have insomnia pretty bad so I'll try to switch between sleep aids sometimes so I don't get too used to any one... but if you want to sleep an unnatural amount of hours each day, you'd need some strong sleep aid. I've tried strong ones and they hardly work on sleep-deprived me. Idk...

Have you tried therapy? I kind of disagree that it couldn't help you. In my experience, therapy is especially helpful for coping with problems in life. It might even go beyond helping you cope, it might help you figure out a plan to change your circumstances - a therapist might be able to help you get back to living in the real world.
  9. momeick

momeick Member

I'm on Celexa but I know I need to exercise. It truly is the best medicine. I should take my own advice! Try going for a walk in the morning. A LONG walk. I'll do it too, if you will.
  10. touglytobeloved

I cant, because of my leg, and even if i could... walking alone?
  11. momeick

momeick Member

Being alone has never bothered me, personally. I'm a loner, I guess! Sorry about your leg, though. Exercise will be a problem with that. Try to think of something you can do that will physically tire you out. How about lifting free weights over your head? Believe me, do that a few times a day and you will feel the burn. Have you heard of isometrics? It's basically tensing different muscle groups and holding for a few seconds, over and over again. That's been proven to be good exercise for people who are chair-bound. Really work at it, though. You can't be lazy about it! You can even do isometrics while watching TV. :)
  12. hellohello

hellohello Member

theres other stuff you can try as well if you can't walk.
    e.g meditation.... a friend had a teacher go to his house to give a lesson... and you don't have to sit cross legged on the floor to meditate, if that;s a problem...
    and certain things you should avoid... i've been told for example that it's best not to watch tv before bed if you have trouble sleeping, it stimulates your brain too much, reading is meant to be much better....
    don't start with sleeping tablets, they really are bad news, you'll end up an absolute wreck... promise...
    you say you don't have depression, but you know sleeping long hours may be a common indicator of depression, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're not just because you're not sleeping fact, insomnia can also be a symptom... you do sound a bit down from what you've written... is there really noone you can talk to? can you see a therapist... they can really make a difference...
    take carexx
  13. touglytobeloved

I can only talk to people that i will hurt if i told them about all this. Thats my family, i have noone else. Yes, i am a bit down, or not a bit, im at the bottom. I dont have insomnia, i sleep average, but i dont sleep at the same tme every day, and same amount, as i dont do anything else, so i just go to sleep when im very tired. A therapist cant help me as i dont have mental issues. Maybe i am depressed, but my depression is not an illness, but it is constant sadness caused by many factors in life. If i can find the things that can make me happy, i will be happy.
    My problem is that i have nothing to do during the day, im totaly alone, and thats why i only wait till i go to sleep, and next day i woke up waiting to go to bed again. Or to die.
  14. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I know what you are going through. I am alone all day also. The only thing I have is my dog. Maybe you should think about getting one. If you live in an apartment there are ways that you can still get a dog. I did it.
  15. catnip43

catnip43 Active Member

There are sleeping pills out there (ambien, lunesta,sonata) but I wouldn't suggest you start taking them unless you're desperate. I literally went five days without sleep (I was nearly hallucination) and my doc put me ambien. Problem with that drug is not only do you build up a tolerance to it, you can have what's callled "rebound insomnia" when you stop. For me that was basicallly 2 days without sleep. That was a year ago. After another series of situational crap, I ended up taking it again. My goal is to taper off of it.

I'm basically where you're at, stay up until the wee hours on the internet, go to sleep, get up eat, and repeat. I know I sleep too much but for me it's an escape. Most of my depression was brought on/exacabarrated by situtaional stuff (boyfriend dumped me because I was depressed, wrecked my car that I love, had to quit a job without a backup for no other reason than I couldn't sleep). Those things alone kicked the depression into overdrive.

Try (I know this is hard because I can barely do it) to get out and do something,even if it's just to go to the store and look around, library (I get dvds there) and see if that helps. I have no friends either just family which sucks...

Anyway, hope this is of help.
  16. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to get out in the air out of your enviroment you are in. Go for a drive in the country get out of the house You are in denial if you say you dont' have depression You are isolated you have suicidal thoughts You have no will to do anything you are depressed and getting therapy and meds will help you all you need to do is ask doctor for the help. Stop this endless boredom and do something get the help you need so your life can be enjoyable or at least livable again. You are depressed get help for yourself now.
  17. QuadLazer

QuadLazer Well-Known Member

I don't really think there's any legal drugs that could do that. If you have nothing to do, I would recommend a job, even if it's something simple. Then you have something to do plus you're making money. You don't need a doctor or pills or anything from what I can tell. And even if you feel alone or depressed sometimes I think that's very expected considering you don't have anything to do with your time. Those are completely normal human emotions, not diseases. I'm telling you, a job would solve this problem very quickly, even if it's just a simple one or low paying.
  18. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.