Slimming tablets

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ignored, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Wondering if anyone had had experiences of these, positive or negative?? I was particularly thinking of ones off the internet as I was thinking of giving them a whirl.
  2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Do you mean fat burner supplements? I guess Lipo-6 has won at least three awards a few years in a row, but ephedrine + caffeine will always be the best. E+C is said to be somewhat dangerous for certain people tho.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Don't be taking anything with a speed base as its slimming theme.
    Got hooked on speed thru speed based slimming pills.
  4. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Hmm, the ones I ordered are not ephedrine itself but some sort of similar thing which is safer but still burns fat (supposedly). Just wondering if anyone had lost weight with this sort of thing?! Me's desperate!! :unsure:
  5. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Just a thought, first of all, I would never take tablets bought off the internet.

Second, I find it concerning we're encouraging or accepting their use in the ED board.
  6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Well, not encouraging maybe? But probably a fact of life for those with ED's? Happy to move this to treatment and medication forum if people object to it here though?
  7. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Most are garbage since they don't need any proof that they are effective to be put on the market. Very few do work, the ones that do only work when they are added to a good diet, exercise and drinking plenty of water. Slimadrine worked for me, I lost a lot of weight using it, but I believe it's off the market now. I'm not sure if it had ephedra in it or not.
  8. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I think you're probably right! :sad: Still I've bought them so I'll give them a go. If they're rubbish I'll bin them as they didn't cost much anyhow!
  9. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I shouldnt use them, I used them before, got really hyper, my hands were shaking, I couldnt sit still, sleep proper. I got the feeling that without the pills I would gain weight again. And the ones I used, you could only use for a month every 6 months. It kinda messed me up, if I were you i should read the instructions very good and be sure that you arent like me and get the feeling you need them..
  10. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

:sad: Thanks for that Julie. Certainly don't want to be any more hyper or anxious than I already am....!
  11. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I've bought quite a few types over the internet. They didn't work for me :sad:, so I tripled the dose. They still didn't work :sad:

I remember 1 type I bought were 'herbal'. They were absolutely disgusting. They probably worked best but only cos they made me so sick I didn't want to eat.

I'd be tempted to say save your money but then I'd be a hypocrite. But if you need to lose weight then you're prob better going down the old diet & exercise route.

12. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I know... but depression and agoraphobia put pay to them to a large extent. :sad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.