Slipped up

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by puppydog31, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppydog31

puppydog31 Member

I haven't cut since last May, so that's like what, 9 months?!
    But two days ago, I got so low that I had to cut. I only did it once, but it still helped. I don't know if this is going to make me do it more often now, or if it was just a one time thing.
    Thoughts?

2. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug:
    the urges to cutting are very powerful
    and u will probably start cutting again

something that helps:
    rip paper
    take a shower

really, it helps :)

3. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

I know what you mean dude. I've cut in the past (never deep enough to make a scar) and the instant the blade touches my leg I feel loads better.

But it's really not worth it because you get reliant on that blade to make yourself feel better. I find talking to a friend about anything helps. The instant I talk to someone or text someone (about ANYTHING) I feel a WHOLE lot better.

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

it ay have been a long time, but only you know if your goign to continue doing it. just tell yourself it was a one time thing and get rid of your inplements. you dont need this for a coping mech. there are other ways, and the last 9months should show you taht :hug:
    stay strong :hug:

5. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

9months is a long time to stay strong so you should commend yourself on that even if you did slip up. how about thinking of it just like that.. a slip up.. and leave it at that

can you remember what you did when you felt like you would do if you were to fall into the self harm trap again because maybe those distractions will work again. things that you did when you were down and knew would work just to push the urges away

6. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I commend you for going 9 months without cutting. Now that you have cut again, start over! You know you can do it! Post here when you feel the need to cut or pm someone!

take care of you

7. mmm28

mmm28 Member

yeah i agree with the above posts. last may was so long ago- you were so strong for that long, & you can look at this as just a slip-up. good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.