Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by koukou63, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koukou63

koukou63 Antiquitie's Friend

I don't think slippped is the word, but can't think of another.. sorry. I messed up...deep cut and now I feel out of control and like I'm on self destruct. The crisis team have been called in... so now I have some explaining to do. But I don't see the point, unless they sit with me 24/7 they can't stop it and it makes me feel calmer... better than meds. I'm sorry this is so negative, I've hit a really tough time and am struggling. Any ideas to distract myself would be appreciated, I can't carry on like this. Help!:sad:
  2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear you're struggling so much.. has anything happened to trigger these bad feelings? You say that cutting helps more than your medication.. i wonder if it would be possible to explain this to your doctor.. maybe you could get a change in your medication to ones that are more helpful to you? Is that something you'd feel able to do?

Would it also be possible to explain to the crisis team what's going on with you? Sure they can't sit with you 24/7but maybe if you could speak to them and make an arragment such as if you feel like cutting you can give them a call and have a chat to someone?

There are some good links to avoiding self harm in this self harm forum.. they're stickied, at the top of the forum.. i hope that some of them will help you

And of course, if you need distraction you can always write to us here. Sometimes keeping your hands and mind busy can help.. and at least then you wouldn't be alone

Please take care and PM if you want/need
    Jenny x
  3. rachypooh

rachypooh Well-Known Member

You are so lucky you have a crisis team that can come out, we have nothing like that here. The only people we can talk to in times on crisis are on the end of a phone 7 hours away which aint fun if for one you dont have a phone, two your partially deaf, three you need someone face to face.

The hospital doesnt do anything here because they have no mental health staff on call, they have the typic working day 9-5, monday to friday, so any other time there is no one, so all in all its a waste of time going in there unless your dying and half the time they make you sit in the waiting room. Sorry for over taking your post.

Just know your not the only one going through a time like this, I have cut every day this week, after being five months cut free, I have had the ambulance called on me twice and I am just getting sick of it, so I have decided not to tell anyone around here what is actually going on in my head.
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Hmmm well distractions that are good are video games and anime.... sleep is another good one. I don't know you have to find them for yourself....

We all slip up we are all human after all. So do not feel like it is the end of the world nothing is perfect. If you fail try and figure out why you failed and then think about what you can do to stop yourself next time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.