slipping down again

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I am slipping down again. Last night I burned myself for the first time in six months. I am also finding myself thinking about ending it all. If it was not for my nephew coming this next week, I would be thinking more seriously about this. I do not think it is grief anymore (father died three months ago), but a feeling of not wanting to care anymore. Also having burned myself, I am feeling defeated. I want to crawl into a corner and hide from everyone.
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Hey GA_lost..
    Sorry to read about your father passing :hug:
    Try to focus on your Nephew coming to see you if you can.. maybe plan something fun to do together?

I know this is a little off topic - and i dont know how old your nephew is - but i brought some cheap remote control helicopters for my nephew the other week.. they were only £10 each.. and we had so much fun just messing about with them for a whole day .. i felt like a lil kid again! maybe you could arrange something simular?

Take care..x
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've learned that I will sometimes crash and burn for no apparent reason at all. Since your nephew is coming you may need to get some extra sleep and eat three square meals a day even if it's just a few bites or half sandwich.

I hope your nephews visit will help you feel better.

I lost my daddy 16 years ago and I had a difficult time for awhile but time does heal these things.

Vivian :hug:
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I think trauma like losing a loved one causes anyone to lose their resolve. Many of us would fall back on old addictions.

Just remember you beat it once. You can beat it again.
  5. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Thank You for your responses. My nephew though is 30 and is coming with his girlfriend so I will not be playing with him. When he was young we did have very good times together. I miss those days. When he and my niece were young, I swore I would not be the cause of their crying, which made suicide out of bounds for me.

I have crashed and burned though partially from pent up emotions and partially from tiredness from the heat and some health issues. The stress from dealing with my mother and Dad's loss has drained me. The clincher for me was feeling as if my mother did not really want to talk with me on Wednesday. I get very tired of being placed last.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.