• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Slipping Out Of Control Again

Sawyer10

I have done really well throughout 2020, met the most amazing girl who I spent the whole year with, her family who have became like family to me and generally just managed to control my mental health.

In November I had to self isolate for 10 days was very difficult and lonely but I accomplished it, now my girlfriend and her family have to isolate starting today. This is made worse by me not having my own family really except my mother who is a severe alcoholic and is very hard to live with.

I am going to miss my girlfriend and her family a lot over these 10 days but what concerns me more is the fact that they will have things to do in life that won’t involve me. I don’t want to get myself down every time I’m not seeing my girlfriend or her family and my literal one other escape route, being the gym has closed once again for about the fourth time now.

I feel like the old way I used to punish myself is creeping back in to my mind, it feels as though it was there it’s just pushed itself to the front of my head again and I just can’t change it.

Any advice?

Spending 10 days away may make you and your girlfriend appreciate each other a lot more, so there's something to look forward to after you've gone through this.
This is made worse by me not having my own family really except my mother who is a severe alcoholic and is very hard to live with.
If you'll be staying with your mom, and she's a severe alcoholic, that may be a problem. Is she abusive? You might want to see how staying with her goes, but see if you can develop some other options. There might be some hotels/air bnb, something like that could be affordable that would be a back-up plan if you needed it. Even if you never used a back-up plan, just having one might give you some comfort.

Idk, maybe there's a temp job or something that you could do to take up an extra time that you've got on your hands.

If you are in the US or Canada, you could try calling 211 and asking if they can help. I'm not sure this is the sort of thing that could help with, but they can help with housing in general.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00