Slipping.... Why????

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Evanesce, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

Why is it so easy for depression and feelings of hopelessness and failure to start to take hold again? Like they snatch away anything good any progress you think you are making!!!
  2. Nelly1921

Nelly1921 Well-Known Member

I think that sometimes we think negatively for so long that it almost reprograms the brain so slipping back into that way of thinking is easy because we have thought like that for so long. But each time you can "unslip", the ability to keep those feelings away gets easier.

3. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sometimes the since moment of happiness gets destroyed by depression and negative thoughts. The simples thing to do is to focus something positive even though it might a minor thing. Depression is a vicious circle that causes turmoil and emotion. With support of others we can overcome it. Only the people who suffer depression can help each other and understand what others are suffering. It's a hard life for anyone with depression but we as individuals cope in our own way. I hope these words help you in times of woe. Take care and respect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.