Slowly tilting. Back and forth everyday.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Apathetic20yrold, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apathetic20yrold

Apathetic20yrold New Member

Hi. My name is Adam. Since about middle school I've been battling on and off suicidal thoughts. Not only that but I've also attempted suicide 3 times. Only one of which actually hurt me and put me in the hospital. For awhile now I've just felt hopeless and alone despite living with my girlfriend of 3 years who is amazing and supportive. I've found myself feeling more and more depressed the more I think about school and my future as I've never really been good at anything and I'm not all too exceptional at school and my motivation is pretty bad too. I wake up every morning feeling pretty sick and it takes me forever to get ready for work because the first thought in my head when I wake up is how I want to kill myself. I don't mean to be so self loathing but I guess I just made this to put my thoughts and feelings to text. Thank you for reading.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time right now. Can you remember when you first noticed getting depressed and when the suicidal thoughts started? Did anything happen in particular that triggered this? Or was it a whole combination of things? Sometimes pinpointing when the thoughts started can help in dealing with the root cause of your depression. Have you sought any professional help with your depression before?

3. Apathetic20yrold

Apathetic20yrold New Member

I lt started the beginning of 7th grade, some things happened during my childhood that traumatized me and caused my emotionless behavior. I haven't seen any professional help because I can't really afford it

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think seeking help will be of some benefit to help you deal with the trauma from your past. It is highly likely that the majority of your current feelings and issues will stem from that trauma. So until you deal with it, it will be hard to move on with your life.

5. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Is there anyone out there that can help you feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.