small update

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Malcontent, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Hi everyone, seeing as I was around I thought I'd write a little update so no one worries that I've fallen off the edge of the world (I would put this in N&A but it's not really news and I have nothing to announce, so yeah...)

First of all, hello anyone who missed me! Hope you're as well as can be expected. I'm doing ok all things considered, I really needed the break from here. It gave me time to think about things properly and really be honest with myself about my life and who I am for the first time in years. I'm not back, one of the things I've come to realise is that this place really isn't good for me. There are people I miss but unfortunately the little support I was getting didn't outway the negativity I was getting from here as well. That's no one's fault (if it's anyone's it's mine), sometimes that's just the way life goes. I've been feeling a lot more mentally and emotionally strong lately, but it's still fragile and I don't want to undo the progress I've made. I think I'm (finally) maturing too, my priorities have changed.

Unfortunately there's bad stuff too, my health is getting worse (probably not helped by the fact that I still haven't seen a doctor in the right field to diagnose me properly, only a month and a bit more to wait though). I'm in pain all the time now and the medication I'm on hardly helps at all, I'm having to walk everywhere using a stick. It's really getting me down to be honest, especially the not being able to work and hardly being able to go out anywhere. I'm keeping as busy as I can though. If anyone's up to giving me a bit of support through this that would be really great. Not sure when I'll be logging on here properly again but I should be checking my PMs every few days (I'm not up to using any IMs regularly yet though).

A very late thank you to all the people who wished me a happy birthday and who left messages for me when I decided step down from the staff and come on here less - even though I didn't reply or take up those offers to talk it meant a massive deal to me.

I think that's all I wanted to say. Goodnight all, I'll probably post again in another couple of months. Take care.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'm sorry you are still in pain, but it's good to hear you're doing ok.
    :hug:

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Heyas Mally :)

Great to hear from you as always! I'm a bit worried about your health at the moment though - I had no idea how bad it was for you..
    However, looking on the upside, it's good that you're feeling emotionally and mentally stronger than you were :)

My PM box is open always, and I'm always up for a chat, though in the near future I plan to reduce my time on here. :) - If you feel up to it, I'll give you my e-mail address if you haven't got it already, and we can chat through that :)

You take care of yourself :hug:
    J.

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Dont know what to say. Can't blame yah for wanting time away from here. I hope you get better soon. Let us know how the doctors go. Be safe and take care.

Kellz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.