smartest thing I've ever done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patodemuerte

I've given myself until January 25th to either
A)commit suicide
OR
B)seek help at a hospital

I dont know whats so special about the 25th, I just figured it would give me 18 days to gather up enough courage to ask for help or off myself.....

anyone have suggestions on how to "ask" to go to a psych hospital??? i know i asked before but i dont think i got a clear answer really.. so if anyone could give me some suggestions on how.. that would be appreciated....

thanks for welcoming me
bye

smackh2o

SF Supporter
I set myself a deadline for the 6th. I managed to mess my life up so much I felt pain like never before in my head. I warn you as that day gets closer things might change slightly, and the fear will hit, you'll start to see everything as, 'this is the last time i'm going to do such a thing'. And maybe great calm spots where your giving up on life and it's as if your already at peace.

Never think you have an obligation to kill yourself, be absolutly sure it is what you must do, or you'll probably end up like me, a nervous timebomb just waiting for a trigger.

hatelife

i once asked an old mate how to admit myself into a hospital. that persons advise was to go to the police or the hospital and tell them you want in and why. i dont know if it is really that easy but i do think speaking to a consullor or someone like that will help.

bipolarkitty

For me, it was as simple as going to the psychiatric hospital and telling them that I was suicidal. They admitted me immediately. I'm pretty sure that if you go to them and tell them you're suicidal, they're obligated by law to not let you leave. If they were to do that and you ended up killing yourself, they'd be liable.

So my advice is if you want to go to the hospital, then just walk in and tell them you're suicidal. I think that's a better choice than killing yourself.

patodemuerte

hard to get out, eh? see if they can keep me locked up forever.........but really, i guess i am worried about that but it's better than the alternative....

im really worried lately though...
i need to get to a hospital but im in highschool and i need to pass my 1st semester (the exams are the 16th-19th of January)

the thing is....i dont know how long im going to be able to "safely" hold out...... ive already taken to cutting myself whenever i get the chance....... dont ask why because i really dont know...theres like a little voice inside that keeps prodding me........ anyways......nice to hear back from you all

bye (no, not forever, i hope)

if u feel like u can, u should tell someone, like your conselour, that youre feeling suicidal and feel like u should go into a psychiatric hospital. ive been in it before, but not volutarily. once i ODed, the time before that i wanted to go, but knew my parents wouldnt take me and didnt know who else to tell. im not saying u should do this, but i cut myself, my parents thought i was suicidal and called the cops. eventually i started cutting because i really felt like i should, but at the time i just wanted to get into the hospital. not that im suggesting you should do that. i think you should tell a counselor or something. you can go voluntarily.

i think the minimum they have to keep you is 72 hours, but i think thats under certain circumstances. but if u keep telling the doc ur suicidal, he wont let u out. but if u feel like youll try suicide as soon as you get out, you should tell the doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00