Smoking cigarettes

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jasonfine27, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonfine27

Jasonfine27 Well-Known Member

I've been smoking cigarettes for about a month and one week. I feel hooked. And I feel really crappy. My lungs are in bad shape and I tire easily. I really want to quit smoking but I just can't find the will power to take charge and action in my life...

2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Give Chantix a try if you can afford it.

3. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

i gave up trying to quit
    i've smoke since i was like 14..something
    but since i was 17 or 18 i've smoked more and more o_o
    ..sometimes i smoke a box per day
    it makes my head hurt
    i tired easily
    and it makes me smeely
    but i can't help it
    i can't stop
    damn you nicotine >__>

crap the bubble gum with nicotine..
    it takes like poop

4. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I smoked from the age of like 13-16 then stopped because of an ex. I then started again last November and I only started to smoke like 2 a day now I am smoking 7 to a pack a day. You have not been smoking long so I am gonna tell you this stop now its a bad habit and its so bad for you. I cannot work out for long periods of time I get short of breath quicker now plus it makes me smell like crap lol. So try using the nicotine patches and gum.

5. Cas

Cas Well-Known Member

Sometimes giving up doesn't require willpower..one day you just may wake up and decide you're tired of the gross smell or the feel of your mouth.

I quit last year when I found out I was pregnant, but the moment I found out they were inducing labour, I wanted a cig.

6. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

you know i started about a month ago to cope with depression (although the truth is they only aggravate depression rather than reducing it)and it was like a routine. everday while leaving for office i would smoke 1 or 2 and 1 while coming back home . what's really strange is that initially you find the smell of smoke disgusting but later on your really get hooked to the tobacco and enjoy it a lot. you get some sort of kick in the head and it feels good. i don't know if any other smokers can relate to this. i also felt lazy if i didn't smoke for a while. The other day i somoked 3 ciggs continously and i was almost fainting and vomitng and that's when i decided to stop this pathetic habit. i still crave sometimes but i control myself. eventually, i hope that i will not get any cravings. Just think about the money you are wasting after a ciggarette (we all know that the cheaper ciggarettes just suck)and u will automatically want to stop somewhere. there's really no gain to smoking, i used to feel extremely weak after smoking.

7. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I buy at least a pack every other day and I don't smoke the cheap stuff as it is just nasty lol so thats a lot of money that could be spent on something more useful to me then cigarettes. About the chain smoking when I first started smoking if I had 3 or 4 in a row I would feel dizzy but as times gone by I can smoke 4-5 in a row without feeling dizzy but its just normal I guess after a while you get used to it. I wouldn't say it was a pathetic habit some people just enjoy smoking whether it be in a social occasion or when you are just by yourself. But if you are doing it to relieve stress then find a healthier way to cope as you have just started Jasonfine you can still substitute it with something else such as exercise, games or even just going out for a walk. Good luck.

8. Jasonfine27

OK, So I had just got 2 Marlboro Smooths from someone and I lit it up, took no more than 2 puffs, and my Army ROTC instructor at my high school catches me!! Now I have internal suspension for 2 days. I don't know why, but I still don't want to quit.

9. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Marlboro smooth eh thats what I smoke. But anyway of course you still want to when you become a smoker when under stress your first instinct will be to have a cig or could be but thats what I do and most people I know do. But dude it is a bad habit it smells tires you out easier and if your going to do it don't do it on school grounds lol.

10. Jasonfine27

Yeah, I understand bro. I had 4 cigarettes today on campus, came close to getting caught again today. I smoked two Ultra light Winstons, a few puffs of a Newport, Parlaiment Light and a whole Camel. Something kinda funny happened tho. We were smoking a Camel, and one of my teachers pretty much comes out of nowhere and my buddy drops and stomps, like he always does, and my teacher said "You Guys Are Stupid. Put That Shit Away Before A Real Administrator Comes By Here" and he just walks off. We were kinda lucky.

11. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

If the good Lord had not meant me to smoke, he wouldn't have given me a spare lung :blink:

The smoking thing really annoys me, must be around 25 years for me now - way past time to give up. But have never been very good with resisting temptation :tongue: But I really hate my weakness on the nicotine - worst thing I have ever tried to give up.

But nowadays only around 20 a day, back when I was drinking 24/7 would have been 2 to 3 packets a day. 40 to 60 sounds a lot (even to me!), but to my father's generation a "Heavy" smoker was 80 a day :eek:hmy: But they are all long dead now. He stopped 40 years ago.

You can have my ciggarette when you can prise it from my cold dead hand :tongue:

12. Jasonfine27

My R.O.T.C. gave me the "lecture" on how "smoking cigarettes is the gateway drug". I was pissed 'cause he just doesn't understand. I'm not doing drugs, or drinking, cigarette smoking is the least of my worries as of now. I've got so much shit going on. I have finals coming up, I'm failing a lot of my classes, I'm clashing with my mum....

13. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

If youve been smoking for about a month i doubt its going to have a significant effect on your health at all :unsure: As long as your not smoking 30 a day and you get keep healthy its not going to be that much of a problem. Hell, some of the oldest people in the world are heavy smokers. :laugh:

14. HelpingHand

HelpingHand Active Member

I smoke and I can run 4 miles and I can do one mile in 7:00 minutes.

15. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

That is impressive HelpingHand, I wish I could do that!

16. Jasonfine27

Well, I smoked a Camel Light, Importa and a Virginia Slim today. Still feel like crap though. Wish I was doing better

17. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Ive found myself smoking now, I used to have an occasional ciggarette whislt out on the town, gets u more drunk. But now im like smoking in my room not giving a fuck, probs cos i started smoking weed again... Hopefully when i go back to my anti-smoking-drinking-drugs parents house i wont smoke.

18. Dyno

Dyno Member

i smoke about a pack a day and love doing it, i quit for 2 and a half years cuase of my ex but when we broke up the first thing i ran to was a cigerette.

19. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

I started in September last year.

I used to be zble to keep it below 4 a day, but the more s*** thats going on, the more I have to smoke. Right now I'm getting through around 20 a day : (

I used to be relitivly fit, not strong or fast, but I could keep going long after everyone else had given up. Now I have troubled just cycling to the shops, and can get short of breath running up the stairs.

I smoke rollies, so the lack of a god filter makes it worse... that said it's a lot cheaper so... I prefur real ciggs, but not only are they more money, they seem to make my lungs alot worse in a short period of time, I think it's all the other stuff they put in them.

I'd like to quit, but I like smokeing even more... besides they need all the cancer test patients they can get!

20. Jasonfine27

It's been almost 3 months now, and today I've smoked about 15 camel lights, which isn't good. And I really gotta quit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.