Smoking, I am giving up

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FrainBart, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I know its not much of a substance abuse, but I consider it to be. I am a very heavy smoker, my bf and I get through 25g of baccy in 2 days... so thats putting a picture on how much I smoke. Today I have bought myself a vapestick, and will be giving up from tomorrow. I am so hopefull for this to work as I am too dependant on smoking. I want to be able to walk to the shops without gtting out of breath, I want to be healthy for my daughter.

So please give me strength and courage to see this through, I dont want this to be an empty promise to myself or anyone and stop trying after a day. I ned to do this.
  2. primrose

primrose Well-Known Member

Good luck! I don't smoke but i've seen how hard it is for others to give up, and any addiction is not easy to give up x
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Person it is not easy at all to kick this habit.. Speak from lots of experiences which so far have failed.. Heavy smoker that you are maybe better to try to cut down first..that way the first day of cold turkey will not be such a shock to your whole system.

There is a website that is free for everyone trying to quit this godforsaken habit. You might register and check it chat rooms and forums with lots of people.. Best wishes with this all.
  4. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Thank you both for the words of support. unfortunately for me its cold turkey or not at all, due to my bfs excessive habit. In a way I wont be fully cold turkey because I have the vapestick which is a bit of NRT and hopefully this should help me through the enxt few days.
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Good luck! I have smoked, and I had to go cold turkey before moving back to my parent's home. I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Well, it may not be "substance abuse", but it's definitely addictive! More addictive than alcohol and most drugs, if you ask me. I did finally manage to quit, and you can too. Good luck.
  7. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I have been up for a few hours now, and I have not given in to temptation. On a usual day I would have had 5 or 6 by now, so its going pretty well. Just need to keep up with it and I should be fine.

Edit: I just gave in after a phone call from my bf's healthworker. :( looks like I wont be able to speak to mine again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.