smug son of a...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

Article in the paper yesterday I just found where they interviewed the CEO of my company where he brags about winning the 'best place to work in NY' award for the 5th year

Big fucking bullshit deal - an award from another company

Brags about how great a work environment it is and how they care of us and care about us

If the cared about us so damned much why did they make us all commute to jersey? Why is telecommuting limited to once every two weeks? Why did they take away the option of paying for long-term disability all by ourselves so any benefits are now taxable? Why do they demonstrate no accountability from management to us?

If this place is so wonderful, why has it driven me to attempt three fucking times?

Got my name mentioned in some corporate "recognition" memo the other day - guess it shows my "improvement" but it makes me sick to my stomach - don't want recognition - can't handle it, don't deserve it, actively try to avoid it everywhere in my life

Especially when it's meaningless, doesn't lead to a bonus or promotion or getting my office back - nothing more than the corporation patting itself on the back

God I hate this place, hate myself for working here but have no other options

Hate my life
  2. insanityx

insanityx Member

I completely understand how you feel. My work is very similar to that..except I'm at a law firm where work politics and real politics come into play. It really sucks balls. Espeacially for someone who is quiet like me. At least I have an awesome supervising attorney..however..this lawfirm is huge!! And so we are all like mini mice..I've I disappeared few people would notice. Not to mention..but I stay for the fact that I have my kickass boss whome which I work with everyday and she is looking for another attorney position..I can't blame her..but id miss her like hell :( this job wouldn't be same without her. She has fought for me to get promoted and to get raises..if she leaves..ill probably have nothing.
  3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

-Sigh my college classes are like that sometimes. I usually get stressed when I have to do large products or articles. Trust me it's not my favorite thing in the world to do. That CEO was kind of dumb to make you have to commute. Seriously... He had a limo more and likely he could of got drove over. Than again he is a CEO who just sits at a desk looking over stuff -__- I don't know he should of did a little more.