Snake Dream

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Ginger Cuesta, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger Cuesta

Ginger Cuesta Active Member

I dreamed of being surrounded by small, harmless snakes of various colors. In the dream, I felt wary of these snakes. As the dream went on, I found myself soothing a huge, ugly but sweet (or so it appeared) snake - a baby anaconda. Then I woke up disgusted.

In reality, I do not like snakes. In fact, I am sort of scared of them. :faint:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hate it when i have weird dreams like that hun Hugs to you
  3. Ginger Cuesta

Yes, thanks. :cheekkiss:
  4. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Ginger, 2013 is the year of the snake in the Chinese New Year. I looked in my dream dictionary. It says snakes are the life process in dreams., so maybe it was a good dream after all:)
  5. Ginger Cuesta

Thanks, Red Ribbon. :cocksure:
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes, snakes are archytypal of "transition"......... when I lived in Africa many moons ago, I was actually confronted IRL by a huge, enormous, deadly green mamba - .......... I realise now, 34 years on, that it actually really meant something about my life later, (weird, yes, but it makes perfect sense to me now) - and then a couple of years ago I read in a book (Jungian-based) the significance of dreaming about a snake.

So I agree, I reckon it was a good dream, although unwelcome :)
  7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

if you believe in such things, to dream of snakes means any number of things, from going through a transitional phase in your life, be it relationship, career etc, healing and resolving issues, getting into touch with an untamed part of yourself or simply something that drives you on through the day.
    Of course, even though you dislike snakes, I think it is a fine dream - far better than standing in the back of a ute going down the highway at 150 k/ph whacking clowns with a baseball bat who jump out at you from behind every billboard you see!
  8. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

I have read that snakes in dreams are a sexual symbol....?
  9. hamza

hamza Member

Snakes in a dream express fake friends, in fact, be aware
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.