Snitch Friend

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Mama_Pills, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

One of my friends from home just sent my dad a Facebook message telling him everything.

It makes me angry, but I'm hoping we can just calmly sit down and talk about it when I get home for Spring Break. I'm nervous and upset and tonight I snapped, just like I always worried I would, and I started screaming and hitting things and crying uncontrollably during a scene rehearsal for my studio class.

I'm just not having a good day.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your friend was probably very concerned for you and he did right thing talking to yur parent i hope your dad and you can not have a open discussion and you can get his support as well
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I agree with Violet. When people do these things they do them through concern and because they don't know what else to do. It shows they care.

I too hope that you and your dad can have a proper conversation about this and that it does lead to the start of better things for you.
  4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

my daughter was friends with a girl in high school that was self-harming

after a few weeks of just trying to be her friend and listen to her, she caught the girl cutting in the school bathroom

at that point my daughter literally dragged the girl to the school counselors' office

she felt really bad knowing how angry and betrayed her friend felt, but she would have felt even worse if her friend had continued and done something permanent while she did nothing
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I can definitely see that. Its far better for someone to be getting help or be alive or be better and hate you, than be dead or whatever, and like you.
  6. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I don't know how I'm going to try and explain to my dad that it isn't his fault or anything my family did, or that every time I think about killing myself that I don't even consider what it would do to my family at all, because it just isn't something that crosses my mind even though I know it should be.

I'm just afraid of what this is going to mean for me and for my relationship with my family. I hate the thought of them being disappointed and of them not knowing what to do about how I'm feeling.

I never wanted it to get to this point.
  7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Maybe there might be some positives in this, like it might mean you can get some (more?) help, it might mean you have more support, it might also mean that you can start to look at these people when you do feel suicidal.

How about writing them a letter and send it before you see them. You could try educating them and also sharing anything else with them that you feel they need to know.
  8. iceblink

iceblink Member

A doctor told my mom I had scars while I was unconscious for a not even remotely self-injury related reason. Even if someone cares you should be the only one to make that decision, that's a horrible violation of trust. I'm sorry. ]:
  9. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

:hug: I know how you feel.. I've gone to friends for help before and next thing I know my mom's in my room and won't leave me alone. But like almost everyone else said. It's only because they care. Don't take it negatively.

And who knows? Maybe this will help you get better :hug: which of course everyone here at SF wishes for you :hug:

Good Luck! And keep us updated

(PM me if you need anything)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.