Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by KittyGirl, Feb 1, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Little brother had the day off school today, so he dragged me to the mountain where he usually works. He rented a snowboard and handed me his (own) board; then says: "Okay! Lets go down some hills!!"

WUT?! ME?!
    The last time I went down a hill was on a toboggan in grade 7! I only skied once and that was in grade 6! XD so it's been like, 10 years!

As it turns out, little brother is actually a pretty good instructor.
    Since it was a weekday- the mountain was pretty much abandoned... and it's not like I would've freaked out too much even if other people were around because... IT'S A MOUNTAIN! I could always go to the other side of the hill to avoid crowds! lol

I went outside today. That's rare.
    My legs hurt- my feet are numb; I fell on my face and ass *too many times to keep track* but I feel pretty okay.
    I feel like I accomplished something today... other than making myself look like an ass. (which, I assure you- I did)

You know-- it doesn't seem to matter how much life sucks when you're going down a hill... because you're in the moment (and too caught up, thinking 'I'm going to die! OMG!') and possibly having some fun-- all the crappy things don't matter as much. For those few hours, I wasn't crying or lonely... I was actually feeling a bit good about myself. Trying something new. Being active.
    Today was okay.
    Thanks little brother.
  2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Theres nothing quite like skiing or snowboarding, for complete release, being in the mountains, the sound of silence,the swish of your skis, aaah ..............
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you have such a great little brother. OMG a mountain on a snowboard good for you I think i would have froze and they would have had to carry me down. sounds like you had fun for a change i hope you keep going and maybe get as good as your bro take care